Menu

NM

foxbridgeacademy

Oh no you don't!

You can't just post a NM and leave it at that, or else the rest of us will have to invent a hideous and potentially (okay, definitely) embarrassing problem that you posted here for 5 seconds and then deleted.

Of course, none of us will have a copy of your original post, but that won't stop us from making stuff up.

Did I say we would make stuff up? I didn't mean that. I meant we would TELL THE WHOLE TRUTH, even if we have to make up every last word of it as we go along.

Tell the truth... you saw one of those BDSM couples in the grocery store, didn't you? Or was it that you had a gassy, constipated pet fish that you saved with the miracle of frozen broccoli? Or was it that maybe you were just getting started remodeling your kitchen and you found a dead body in the wall behind the old refrigerator?

Wait a minute. You read last night's thread and you wanted to fire up your old still that's out in the woods behind your house, but you can't remember exactly how to do it, right?

Come on. Tell us.

But only if you want to. No pressure. :)

Otherwise, we can come up with something good on our own. :D

• Like 16

You will figure out New Mexico?  I think it has already been figured out.  You don't need to reinvent the wheel.  I have a cousin who lives there actually.  We stopped in Albuquerque on the way to California this summer but I really did NOT have time to see her.  Unfortunately.    Her husband did some top secret government stuff.  I always called him the Area 51 Man.  Nice guy but couldn't really tell you what he did for a living.

I am not sure I could be married to someone who couldn't tell me what he did for a living or who he did it with.  Could you?

• Like 2

I had a roommate in NM who was finishing his PhD in physics. He also had a job working on the atomic clock. This was in the 90s. That was pretty cool. He could talk about it, at least. Oh, and the people who had grown up near Los Alamos had the funniest stories - they heard rumors that the kids at the rival high school, in Los Alamos, had butts that glowed in the dark. :) Kids.

If you want a great book, for a tangent about the labs in NM, the Green Glass Sea is good.

Everyone where we live now has clearance of some type, it seems, so no one knows what anyone does.

• Like 2

I'd get bored stiff with my husband's job (Civil Engineer).  He tells me about it though - that's how I know I'd be bored stiff.  He'd go crazy with my job (subbing in our high school).  I get to tell him stories too.   :coolgleamA:   Fortunately, his job earns money.  Mine?  Not so much.

As for NM... my favorite is Carlsbad, in the fall when there are lower crowd levels, but the bats haven't migrated yet.  We absolutely love the Caverns.  

Tying for first place is Chaco Canyon - can't beat seeing the stars from there.  It's memorizing, then add all the culture around from the Ancestral Pueblo people.

I'd love to go back - or go back in a time machine to relive awesome trips with my guys.

• Like 1

I'd get bored stiff with my husband's job (Civil Engineer).  He tells me about it though - that's how I know I'd be bored stiff.  He'd go crazy with my job (subbing in our high school).  I get to tell him stories too.   :coolgleamA:   Fortunately, his job earns money.  Mine?  Not so much.

As for NM... my favorite is Carlsbad, in the fall when there are lower crowd levels, but the bats haven't migrated yet.  We absolutely love the Caverns.  

Tying for first place is Chaco Canyon - can't beat seeing the stars from there.  It's memorizing, then add all the culture around from the Ancestral Pueblo people.

I'd love to go back - or go back in a time machine to relive awesome trips with my guys.

Chaco Canyon is spectacular.  Carlsbad, too.  I do love White Sands though, and have some great memories of camping there during blue moons.  Angel Peak is my favorite for star gazing.  

The Jemez Mountains have a special place in my heart, too.  They now have a Big Foot Festival in the Jemez.  :)

• Like 2

Yes, but do you know about his real job or do you know about that boring cover story job that he tells everyone about, so no one will know about his top secret job?

I told you that in confidence!  I can't believe you are spilling on a public forum!

• Like 4

Well, you're getting into this one pretty early, and none of us has any idea what we're talking about, so WELCOME!!! :hurray:

This reminds me of "a conversation about nothing" that my Dad and I had one time. For about half an hour straight. My sister listened to the last 20 minutes of it, could not figure out what we were talking about, and was fuming mad when we finally told her it was just a bunch of nonsense about nothing at all. :lol:

• Like 3

I was always so sad that I didn't follow the other thread in time to catch up. It's like being left out of a very long inside joke.

I joined after 2 years. I'm on page 210. And 2282. 

We have newcomers regularly. Don't be sad, be mad. Because we're all crazy over there. ;)

Exactly. 

As for this thread, what place do we nominate to become the New New Mexico?

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 2