Menu

Road rage

Scarlett

Wow that is crazy :( Some people believe they exist in a vaccuum and just cannot understand that they share a road and a planet. Eesh...

I grew up in Oregon and driving out to the smaller places like Rickreal and Dallas often left me driving behind a tractor. I think it built in immense patience for taking it slow :)

• Like 1

That was a planned ambush. One more pick-up truck was waiting, one came rolling onto the scene, and are instantly bad ash. All kinds...what rednecks. So, apparently they were already informed and got themselves there as quickly as possible. Rural gang life. 

And I don't get why the guys on motorcycles had to start talking to the guy in the truck. Confrontation is never going to end well. I think I would have changed my route. Clearly, to me, the guy in the truck was in the wrong for not letting them go by, had to prove his point. 

A few years ago my dh was in a situation where 2 guys in a truck were tailgating him because he had passed them. The driver kept taking every chance he could to cut dh off, cutting in front of him, constantly changing lanes to keep pace with dh, in front of dh. Approaching an intersection, dh put on his signal but did not get over. Road rage driver cut over again in front of dh, dh started steering the car, little VW bug, toward the turn lane, driver jumped into the turn lane ahead of dh, other traffic is right there all around them and dh quickly darted into slow lane amongst other traffic to scoot on through the light, which then turned red and the idiots were stuck turning at the light. 

DH then turned on a back road to get over to where he needed to be, as he crested the hill approaching our lane he could see the truck sitting up ahead on a different road, on past our lane, situated like they were sitting waiting for DH. He drove a little faster down the lane that day and drove the car through the grass and around back of the house close up. Ran in the house. WHAT.THE.FRICK. I felt violated that day after he told me the story. 

So, there you have it. 

• Like 1

That was a planned ambush. One more pick-up truck was waiting, one came rolling onto the scene, and are instantly bad ash. All kinds...what rednecks. So, apparently they were already informed and got themselves there as quickly as possible. Rural gang life.

And I don't get why the guys on motorcycles had to start talking to the guy in the truck. Confrontation is never going to end well. I think I would have changed my route. Clearly, to me, the guy in the truck was in the wrong for not letting them go by, had to prove his point.

A few years ago my dh was in a situation where 2 guys in a truck were tailgating him because he had passed them. The driver kept taking every chance he could to cut dh off, cutting in front of him, constantly changing lanes to keep pace with dh, in front of dh. Approaching an intersection, dh put on his signal but did not get over. Road rage driver cut over again in front of dh, dh started steering the car, little VW bug, toward the turn lane, driver jumped into the turn lane ahead of dh, other traffic is right there all around them and dh quickly darted into slow lane amongst other traffic to scoot on through the light, which then turned red and the idiots were stuck turning at the light.

DH then turned on a back road to get over to where he needed to be, as he crested the hill approaching our lane he could see the truck sitting up ahead on a different road, on past our lane, situated like they were sitting waiting for DH. He drove a little faster down the lane that day and drove the car through the grass and around back of the house close up. Ran in the house. WHAT.THE.FRICK. I felt violated that day after he told me the story.

So, there you have it.

That is crazy! How scary. I tell my son all of the time....do no engage crazy drivers whether you are in the right or wrong.

That video was a total ambush. What a bunch of redneck thugs.

• Like 1

So, there you have it.

I agree. It doesn't look like road rage to me, but an ambush that happened on the road.

• Like 1

Why would they have been provoking the truck driver? I'm not going to get into an internet debate. They shook hands and went their separate ways? And that one guy had to pound the crap out of the biker repeatedly? I still think there was a lot more going on than what we see and what has been told. Case Dismissed!