Menu

An Old Member Returning

PachiSusan

Hi everyone! I have been perusing the site and seeing quite a few new faces, and not many user names of people I still know - but I know you're out there! 

I am Susan, homeschooling Mom of Melissa, 14 years old and getting ready to start High School.

Since I have been a gone, we have decided to "drop the box" of Seton and enrollment and go out a bit on our own this coming year. Funny, when we SHOULD have been experimenting, I was too afraid to do so. Now that she's in High School - I start. Hey, perhaps I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, but I really think this is the right decision, although rather scary for me. 

We live in Las Vegas, where the school system is abysmal. There is not an option that we find palatable to put her in any type of schooling here, so we continue to home school through the dreaded High School years. 

I look forward to meeting new faces and get/give support on this journey! 

• Like 6

Welcome back. I recently met a family who is dedicated to using Seton. It made me think of you and wonder how you were doing. 14, though, wow, time flies. I didn't picture your Dd as that old now. Welcome back!! I hope you find branching out on your own rewarding for both of you. :)

We are excited and nervous at the same time. Seton had it's place - more for my peace of mind than hers.

Yep...I have a high schooler now! It's crazy!