Menu

What's with the ads?

happysmileylady

Storage of loose leaf paper

I have a two LARGE stacks of loose leaf paper.  One is a stack of construction paper, the other is a stack of third grade writing paper for DD8 to practice cursive.  Both were shipped in thin plastic wrap that just tore right off when I opened them, so original packaging isn't an option.

How do you store your stacks of loose leaf paper? 

I have construction paper sorted by color with plastic in-boxes in a closet. They aren't too pricy at the office supply. I also have a drawer of various types of white papers. But yeah, in-boxes are my fav and what I've done for years.

• Like 2

I second the suggestion for a magazine holder. I've used cheap IKEA cardboard ones, but they're not sturdy enough to stand up to frequent kid handling in this house. I found some awesome 1970s ones at a thrift store that are thicker than an amazon package LOL. I also bought cheap wire ones at Walmart that work pretty well. In order to keep the loose leaf from slouching down as the stack lessons, I throw in a small whiteboard and lean it just so, so that the papers stay upright. 

I think the more idea solution is flat storage, like the suggestion of the inboxes. I just don't have the surface space for it. 

• Like 1

I used stacking trays for paper that would fit (one type of paper for each tray--if you have a lot more, you may want to put it up in a closet and replenish as needed). For larger construction paper, I kept it on a shelf in a closet or on top of a half-size book case for easy access. 

• Like 2

I use one of those pretty storage boxes that you can get at craft stores or Tuesday Morning. I have a smaller one that I use for pencils, pens, tape, and scissors.

That was my suggestion and maybe the bigger version would work for the construction paper.

Magazine holders in a deep drawer at our house - construction, card stock, lined, graph, printer. If there's only a small amount that isn't used often then a pocketed folder.

We use scrapbook cases or hanging file folders. (The scrapbook cases stack well! I have like four or five of them: one for construction paper, one for laminator pouches, one for finished art, etc. )

I also use the IKEA cardboard magazine holders.  I lay them down horizontally and stack them as high as a shelf will allow.  They can be clipped together with binder clips for more stability.  I can sort paper into: printer, binder, cardstock, small construction, etc.  I just have larger construction paper standing alongside because it's too big.  

The IKEA brand isn't as sturdy as I'd like--they're kind of flimsy.  I've found a few food packaging boxes that are made of very thick cardboard.  I like a more "finished" look, so I covered them with old maps, then with packing tape.  Contact paper might work as well.  This made them sturdier but if I could find a great option to buy, I might not waste the time again.

Most of our art supplies are in a little white dresser in our dining room. One drawer holds white paper on one side and colored paper on the other, lying flat in boxes. I keep lined paper with our school books.