Menu

Flylady support Baby Step #12, Tuesday Sept. 12...

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

Please join in on the fun!

Today is day 12 of our 31 baby steps! Yay!!           :hurray:            :hurray:             :driving:

Day 1 - Shine your kitchen sink!!

Day 2 - Dress to shoes! 

Day 3 - Keeping up the good work!

Day 4 - Write things down!

Day 5 - Write down what you hear

Day 6 - Hot spots!

Day 7 - Pick out your clothes 

Day 8 - Get a ring binder and put paper in it!

Day 9 - Declutter a few minutes at a time

Day 10 - You can do anything in 15 minutes!!

Day 11 - Add an inspiration page to the control journal!

Today we...

Day 12 - Delete emails http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/31-beginner-babysteps/day-12/

This is suppose to be if you have been subscribing to Flylady emails. If you haven’t, then just go through your email box and delete things.

Morning Routine

Get up and get dressed to lace up shoes; fixing your hair and face

Looking at your posted reminders in the kitchen and bathroom

Going to Big Tent and reading messages

Recognizing the negative voices and changing them; YOU ARE FLYing NOW!

Put out your Hot Spots for 2 minutes

5 Minute Room Rescue (pick any room in the house) set your timer and go!

15 Minutes Decluttering each day. You can’t Organize Clutter!

Before Bed Routine

Keep your sink shining

Lay out your clothes for tomorrow

Put out your Hot Spot (I have to do this twice a day) It makes me smile in the morning!

Need more inspiration?

https://youtu.be/2o4MfFuJCjY

https://youtu.be/c0QcfjHBWtQ

Edited by 3 ladybugs

I haven't had the chance to post yet- Floridian here who has been prepping, experiencing, and now cleaning up after Irma- ugh. I do read and appreciate your posts daily!! You actually got me back to Flylady a few weeks ago. Believe it or not- my storm prep and evacuation plan went so much more smoothly since I had been Flying again. Thank you for getting me back to it and I plan to participate in your threads more soon!

Jodie

Oh good! I was hoping this wasn't just for me. ;) I went through and jumped to day 31 today and made a checklist for me to do everyday. If anyone wants it I can post it in PDF. I think I am going to put it in a cabinet door and then I can check it off everyday. Not quite a control journal thing, but more something of a minor reward. :)

I've been reading and watching the videos you post. Chicklet in Denmark is funny. I'm not totally following the babysteps because I've been through them before. I'm sort of just jumping in since I still have my control journal with all my lists typed out. I live in the same house so the chores haven't changed much. Well, the kids are grown so some of the stuff I used to do for them I don't do anymore, so that's less for me to do on my lists. I'm also lucky that I don't have much to declutter. I went through my closet a few times, getting rid of things each time. Now that I'm trying to change my wardrobe, there are some things I never want to wear again so it's time to go through my closet again. And I guess I could spend 15 minutes in my attic trying to go through stuff we all thought was too important to get rid of. Really, it's not much but I really would like an inventory of what is in there.

So keep up the good work! The system definitely works, but you have to keep to it. Then when you fall off the wagon, like I did, just jump back in where the current zone is. Don't feel like you need to catch up. It all comes back around again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have a good system for taming an out-of-control inbox? I'm trying to delete or take action on incoming emails, but any suggestions for sorting through the countless old ones? (I'm jumping in a bit late, sorry!)

I am able to search my in box. I put a month in like "January " in the search box and then I can go through and delete all emails from that month.

• Like 1

Thanks. I've been trying to search by topic and go through that way. By month is a good idea too. A series of unexpected events over many months has led to a scary number of unread emails.

Unfortunately ignoring them is not an option. Emails are the main route of communication for both business and leisure life here. I've been trying to catch the most important ones, but need to filter through the rest now.