Menu

Slow Cooker Soup Recipes

Elizabeth86

This is my super simple chili recipe

1 pound ground beef browned with onion (I make up packages of cooked ground beef in the freezer)

2 cans kidney or chili beans with juice

1 larger (26 oz I think) can crushed tomatoes

1-2 cups of beef broth ...or water and boullion

1 T chili powder

Heat in low 4-8 hours. This is very forgiving.

• Like 2

We like this. I just toss frozen raw chicken (or thawed raw chicken) in with everything else. If cooking on low, 4-5 hours later, remove chicken and shred it and put it back in crock pot. 

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/89539/slow-cooker-chicken-tortilla-soup/

It is a little spicy, so if your kids don't like spicy, you may want to cut the spices some. 

We like this. I just toss frozen raw chicken (or thawed raw chicken) in with everything else. If cooking on low, 4-5 hours later, remove chicken and shred it and put it back in crock pot.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/89539/slow-cooker-chicken-tortilla-soup/

It is a little spicy, so if your kids don't like spicy, you may want to cut the spices some.

Yeah my kids hate spicy right now. My first son used to eat jalepenos now he has declared carrots spicy????

Might work for lunch for dh though.

Edited by Elizabeth86

I make pinto beans with garlic, onion, celery, red/yellow/orange bell pepper, chicken broth or water, a couple spoonfuls of bacon fat, salt, pepper, oregeno, and a dash of tobacco sauce. I don't measure anything, but I do soak the beans overnight 1st and cook on high for about 6 hours or low for about 10 hours. Serve with baked cornbread or fried cornbread cakes.