Menu

What's with the ads?

Leftyplayer

Did u do IEW-SWI in 15 weeks or 30 weeks?

I'm trying to decide whether to do one lesson weekly or double up. The material says it can be done either way, but I'd love to hear your experiences and thoughts on doing it in 15 vs. 30 weeks, what you based the decision on and whether it worked out for your kiddos.

We did it over the 30 weeks.  This took a bit of the stress off of dd with the assignments.  It worked really well for us.  I actually know some folks who do it in 2 years so that it is at an even slower pace.  You know what your child can handle and you can always speed it up or slow it down based on what is going on with you at that moment.

My DS is doing SWI B online with IEW and the class is the whole course in 15 weeks. There typically are two assignments per week (plus Fix It Grammar) but they are only 1 paragraph each so far. It's fast but I think it's fine. He's in 8th grade.

We are doing SWI-B for the full 30 weeks. I would double it up and do 15 weeks but I am having both kids do it at the same time. I have a 3rd grader (so I modify) and a 7th grader.