Menu

Which Curtains

Elizabeth86

Currently dd doesnt have a room. We still cosleep, she actually doesnt even have her own bed. With the new baby coming, we are making our computer room into a bedroom for dd and the new baby. We are 95% we are not going to find out the baby's gender, so we are painting a neutral beige color. We dont have fancy or matching bedding. Any suggestions for curtains? They can be plain or kid stuff. Just something it look nice with the beige walls and that wouldnt be overly themey if you suggest something cutesy.

Do you have blinds?

I couldn't afford curtains for my whole house. There are too many windows. The kids' room (I use the term loosely since dd doesn't spend a lot of time in there) has blinds so we just hung up sheers we already owned. They are just white. Dd sleeps in our room and has gone in there and tugged on the curtains before. The rods could fall down so ideally you'd get the kind you can bolt in the wall better. Like ours in that room are white rods with the L shape corners that can hook on, but if you jiggle it, it could potentially come loose. So I wouldn't advise those lol. She did manage to jiggle a rod in the living room as well, since the rod was able to slide. So be careful about that, too if the curtains hang low.

We didn't paint the room. It's just a neutral color. The kids have stuff on the walls, though.

https://www.target.com/p/kochi-linen-blend-grommet-top-window-curtain-panel-exclusive-home-174/-/A-50681133#lnk=sametab&preselect=52515009

I think turquoise is gender neutral and looks great next to beige.  The white behind it isn't a true white.  I would pick a griege as a paint color--I REALLY love the color Revere Pewter (but I have it done in Behr paint rather than Benjamin Moore to bring the cost down).