Menu

Halloween costume idea

Elizabeth86

I did an awesome chicken costume for my dd one year, mostly from the dollar store.

My ds was a pink rabbit when he was little, I bought the costume used for $2.

I also like hobo clown costumes for little kids.  Jeans or cords, a plaid shirt, an old man's vest, jacket, or necktie.  Frumpy hat.  You just need a little make-up for a white smile and red nose.  If you can pin a name tag on the hat it's a nice touch.  You can put the bag on the end of a stick if it won't poke someone in the eye.

For two year olds, my costume criteria are always: 1) something they can easily walk/see/maneuver in, 2) something that will keep them warm enough outside, 3) something they can recognize and name, and 4) something I can pull together easily without spending much time or money.

When my oldest was 2, he went as "blue".  It was one of the only words he could say.  He helped choose warm, blue clothes; he wore a blue hat, I put some blue polka dots on his face.  He thought he looked fabulous.

Wendy

• Like 3

I always picked those cosplay style costumes that are really just glorified pjs. They come in many different animals, are easy to walk in, clothes fit under them well and they are nice and warm for trick or treating. At that age my daughter had the one with the button flap on her bottom (she was a unicorn) so if she had to go potty it wasn't too challenging.

• Like 1