Menu

***Happy Birthday, Catwoman!***

unsinkable

THANK YOU for the birthday wishes!!!

We were going to go out for the day and then out to dinner tonight but my dh hurt his back last night, so the out-of-the-house festivities will have to wait until he's feeling better. He wanted me to leave him at home and go out to dinner with ds17, but I would rather wait until we can all go together.

DH feels terrible about messing up my birthday, but I still got great presents and I told him that the delay in going out will make it feel like I have two birthdays, so he shouldn't feel badly about it. Also, the most important thing is that we're together as a family, and I'm so thankful for that.

And it's also an excuse to go out and buy an ice cream cake because we won't be out for dessert tonight..... :D

• Like 4

THANK YOU for the birthday wishes!!!

We were going to go out for the day and then out to dinner tonight but my dh hurt his back last night, so the out-of-the-house festivities will have to wait until he's feeling better. He wanted me to leave him at home and go out to dinner with ds17, but I would rather wait until we can all go together.

DH feels terrible about messing up my birthday, but I still got great presents and I told him that the delay in going out will make it feel like I have two birthdays, so he shouldn't feel badly about it. Also, the most important thing is that we're together as a family, and I'm so thankful for that.

And it's also an excuse to go out and buy an ice cream cake because we won't be out for dessert tonight..... :D

I can bring the squirrel!  Would you like brown, gray, or black?  

Skillet, skewers, or fried?

• Like 1

I can bring the squirrel!  Would you like brown, gray, or black?  

Skillet, skewers, or fried?

Well, you know what they say... it's not a birthday without fried squirrel... ;)

I'm more of a red squirrel gal myself, but I'll be happy with whatever you bring. I'm nice that way. :D

Did someone say Ice Cream Cake?

I've posted this here before.

Ice Cream Cake

Crust:

24 oreos, crushed (2 1/4 c.)

6 TBS butter, melted

Filling:

1/2 gallon ice cream (rectangular container)** (ice cream containers are no longer 1\2 gallon so I use about 1 and 1\2 of today's standard sized containers. I just eyeball it.)

Topping:

6 oz. choclate chips (1 cup)

2 c. powdered sugar

12 oz. can evaporated milk

1/2 c. butter

1 tsp. vanilla

optional: spanish peanuts

Crust:

In a large bowl, combined crushed cookies & butter. Mix well. Press lightly into a 13 x 9 pan.

Filling:

Cut ice cream into slices and place over cookie crust. Spread to cover. Put in freezer.

Topping:

In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except vanilla (and peanuts). On medium-low heat, bring to a boil. Cook 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Cool for 1 hour (or longer). Pour topping over ice cream. Sprinkle with peanuts if using. Cover. Freeze 3 to 6 hours or until topping is completely set.

Note:

This topping is delicious and could be using on any ice cream cake you decide to make."

I like to cool the topping longer than an hour bc I try to avoid having it melt the ice cream too much. I usually make the topping first and let it cool while I'm doing the rest of the stuff. I stir it every once in a while to hasten the cooling. When the pan no longer feels warm, then I pour it over the ice cream layer.

• Like 1