Menu

What's with the ads?

DawnM

This is getting REAL

Just filled out the FAFSA for Spring semester.  I am not hopeful that it will net anything, but it is necessary, esp. if we need some sort of loan.

We had not bothered because we knew he wouldn't get anything for CC and we planned on a 4 year NEXT year....but things are playing out differently.  

He may be going to a 4 year school in 4 months!!!!!!!  

Such an exciting time.

Dawn

• Like 7

Wow, why the (potential) change? 

We realized he really isn't getting much out of the community college.  And for what he wants and where he is going, he is spinning his wheels, very little will transfer.

We realized he really isn't getting much out of the community college.  And for what he wants and where he is going, he is spinning his wheels, very little will transfer.

I hope he gets into a great (and affordable) four year for spring!

• Like 1

Yup. That's the time to cut-and-run. Better now than later.

My oldest loved the community college and got guaranteed admission to a competitive business school that's he's loving. Totally different situation!

• Like 2

I hope he gets into a great (and affordable) four year for spring!

Affordable is all relative isn't it?  It is private and higher than state school, although we haven't gotten the financial package yet, which may help.  

But it is the RIGHT place for him and we are willing to pay.....so, there ya go.

• Like 2

And, we are one week out from him going!   I am excited, and scared, and sad, and happy, all at once.

He got a very decent scholarship and he is taking out a subsidized loan, and it is close to in-state prices now.   :hurray:

• Like 8