Menu

The Fall Weather Teachers Lounge 9-1-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Happy Friday and WELCOME to SEPTEMBER!!! Oh, and to the Lounge :coolgleamA:

Today's theme stems from the fact that it IS the first of September and, even

though it is not technically autumn yet, I really WISH it was! And that I lived somewhere 

the leaves turn color!  :auto:

Who of you live where the leaves turn beautiful colors? Here: not at my elevation! Thankfully, higher elevations

are a 90-120 minute drive away. So we can see SOME fall color if we want, in a few weeks, but nothing like in the 

Midwest or East Coast!

What's your favorite fall scent or flavor? Here: I really like when the air turns brisk and you take a deep breath and smell

that chill fall air! Don't get that here, sadly. It won't stop being in the low 100s for the high until maybe the end of September!  :glare:

Yes, I'm going to ask: who here are the Pumpkin Spice Latte fans? Here: NOT me! I just don't get it. But I know people who salivate

over them!  :confused1:  I DO like pumpkin scones, though!  :p

Talk to me! :bigear:

Edited by scrapbookbuzz

Afternoon, Scrap!

It's a brisk 65* here currently, and I've gotten to start pulling out our sweaters. :)  Dh and I briefly considered a trip to Bar Harbor (Maine) in a few weeks but are putting it off until next year when we can get a reservation. :huh: :laugh:

Favorite fall scent is ginger, although the smell of rosemary and winter veggies is a close second.  They just smell so warm and homey!  I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin spice ANYTHING unless it's in pumpkin pie.

Today, though, none of those scents are wafting around the house.  Today it's a lovely combination of cherrywood smoke, bacon, and chocolate, thanks to dinner prep: smoked brisket, loaded twice baked potatoes, and chocolate brownies.  There will be a cold salad in there, too, but alas, the scent of fresh cucumbers and tomatoes is overpowered on such a cool day. :lol:

• Like 2

A brisk start here, too, at 42 F (6 C), but sunny.  It's a bit of a shock getting this cold so quickly. Our days are a lot shorter now, though.

We will be getting our Fall colours very soon this month and in to October. Lots of red, yellow and orange leaves here, which is beautiful. I love the smell of cranberries, leaves on the ground, and a bit of wood fires in the air. We usually go apple picking, and the taste of apples right off the tree is amazing!  Inside, the smell of cinnamon is lovely.

I prefer my lattes simple with no extra sugar or tastes.

• Like 2

A brisk start here, too, at 42 F (6 C), but sunny.  It's a bit of a shock getting this cold so quickly. Our days are a lot shorter now, though.

We will be getting our Fall colours very soon this month and in to October. Lots of red, yellow and orange leaves here, which is beautiful. I love the smell of cranberries, leaves on the ground, and a bit of wood fires in the air. We usually go apple picking, and the taste of apples right off the tree is amazing!  Inside, the smell of cinnamon is lovely.

I prefer my lattes simple with no extra sugar or tastes.

I may just have to take a fall road trip so I can visit you, too!

I think you may be a tad closer than HomeAgain!

I don't know of any apple farms nearby, but I ride my bike along the edge of cranberry bogs.  They do smell so nice! This will be the first time I'll get to see them harvested. :)  I'm hoping to pick up a few pounds of local ones so that dh can make his orange-cranberry sauce and I can do pastries and chocolate bark with them. 

• Like 2

Okay, so HomeAgain and WinterMom made it in here. Where are the rest of you - did you get lost in the cranberry bogs mentioned earlier??  :cool:

Hope you all are well! I just remembered I need to look up some herbal info for a boardie before I go pick up my son from his drama class. Later!

We already have leaves changing color here.  Not a lot but a few.   It's supposed to get down to 47 degrees tonight, but then be back up to 87 on Monday.  

I like apple and cranberry scented candles, and the smell of burning leaves and the fireplace in the fall.   I like pumpkin pie, but that's the only thing I like with pumpkin flavor.

We will probably be taking a trip apple picking in the next couple weeks, as well as to a corn maze.  I love the chilly but sunny Fall days.