Menu

What's with the ads?

freesia

Class of 2018 acceptance thread

Dragging this thread up one more time because there is an update to the Yale financial aid story. The young man got word today that he will be considered independent and aid will be granted based solely on his income. His bill for the first year is $1600.

This will be life changing for this young man, and allow him to remove himself from a truly toxic family situation. I have no doubt that he will take full advantage of this opportunity and give back to society to his fullest potential. I did not expect this outcome but I am thrilled that it played out this way.

• Like 18

4 hours ago, GoodGrief1 said:

Dragging this thread up one more time because there is an update to the Yale financial aid story. The young man got word today that he will be considered independent and aid will be granted based solely on his income. His bill for the first year is $1600.

This will be life changing for this young man, and allow him to remove himself from a truly toxic family situation. I have no doubt that he will take full advantage of this opportunity and give back to society to his fullest potential. I did not expect this outcome but I am thrilled that it played out this way.

That's amazing! Never, never, never give up!!!

15 hours ago, GoodGrief1 said:

Hallelujah!  Will he have any student loans?  

3 hours ago, daijobu said:

Hallelujah!  Will he have any student loans?  

No, assuming he can raise the $1600, which seems doable with a summer job and perhaps school year employment.

• Like 2