Menu

Lonely and discouraged - let me whine

blondeviolin

I am not feeling like doing schoolwork with the kids today. I don't feel like cleaning. My house is falling apart, my kids NEED to do something or they're arguing. I feel like crud after being in the hospital this week for an asthma flare. My husband is working long hours this week...

I'm stubborn because it's all stuff that I can do; I'm just slow and unmotivated. Nobody really knows I was in the hospital. I'm getting better and don't really want any pity/sympathy. I just want to be better again, go on my walks, and live a vibrant life. Recovery is slow and I'm improving, but it all feels pretty gray...

Where is the pause button so I can take a nap without things falling apart further? 😫

• Like 1

That stinks. I'm sorry.

You're not alone. I have pneumonia, and have been really sick for three weeks now. Today I feel mildly better but not motivated to clean or do much.

Can we give each other permission to be sick, and take time to really recover?

• Like 1

Since it is a holiday weekend, i say take off a day early and give yourself permission to just relax and recover.   (((hugs))) It will be much easier to make up a day when you're healthy, than to keep trudging along when you are sick. 

• Like 2