Menu

wanna help me meal plan?

Elizabeth86

Im pregnant and I cannot think of what to cook for dinner this week. Im not sick and smells dont bother me, but Im not hungry for sensible food, so I cant think of what to cook. No special diet here. Whatever goes as long as it requires like little to no effort.

Edited by Elizabeth86

Here's what I've been doing:

I had some leftover ham, so I cooked some veg and chopped up the ham, and put it in a pie plate with a white sauce, and covered it with pastry.

Tonight we are having a sort of casserole.  I put a little tomato sauce in the bottom of a pan and then a layer of pita bread.  I mixed together black beans, corn, adobe pepper and the sauce, cilantro and a little child powder.  I layered that on next.  I topped it with grated monterey jack.  Served with green salsa and maybe sour cream, and a spinach salad.

I think tomorrow I might do a fish stew - tomatoes, fennel, onions, and whatever fish looks ok at the market.  With crusty bread and garlic mayo.

I'm also thinking some chicken skewers with yoghurt, and tabouli.  And maybe a curry - I have an eggplant I need to cook down and I'll add it with some other things in a crock pot.

Minted peas are nice this time of year, maybe with some cold sliced ham and potato salad.

This week's menu:  (It's not a super healthy menu, but we're recovering from a hurricane partial hit and I'm tired.)  

BLT's last night because my dh cooked a large batch of bacon.

Tacos tonight.  Use remaining lettuce and tomatoes from last night.  Open 2 lb. package of ground beef and use half.

Burgers tomorrow, using other half of ground beef package from tacos.  I also bought some frozen waffle fries.

Frito pie, using canned chili and fritos.

Chicken bbq sandwiches.  Throw chicken in crockpot with bbq sauce.  Serve on hamburger buns.

Smoked sausage with sauerkraut and potatoes.

Lasagna.

My dinner menu until Friday the 9th

Tonight: Italian Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Zippy Broccoli

Tomorrow: Pizza Pockets (just my regular pizza dough recipe, with pizza sauce/cheese/toppings, folded up together into individual "hot pocket" type of pizzas-customize however)

Saturday and Sunday: We will be having dinner at my mom's, which is why I am listing till next Saturday.

Monday: BBQ pork ribs on the grill, Baked Potatoes, Crab Stuffed Zucchini Boats (all on the grill since DH is home)

Tuesday: Glazed Pork Chops, Creamy Italian Noodles, Chunky Apple Sauce

Wednesday: Spaghetti and Meatballs, Garlic Bread, Salad

Thursday: Roast Beef Manhattans with Mashed Potatoes and Sliced Cucumbers

Friday: French Bread Pizza

Saturday: Chicken Soft Tacos, Salsa Rice, Corn

Tonight's mashed potatoes are actually an Ore Ida Mashed Potato and Cauliflower thing from the freezer....It's in a tv dinner style packaging but the ingredients are potatoes, cauliflower, cream, butter and salt, which is what I would put in my own mashed potatoes. Since I had a coupon and they were on clearance which made them free, I figured they were ok to try out, we haven't ever had them before. IF they work out ok, I have one more in the freezer which I will use for the manhattans later in the week.

The chunky apple sauce I made in the crockpot. I went apple picking with mom a while ago and this uses up the last of the apples that I have left. Basically, peel and core the apples, chop into chunks, toss in the crockpot with a little bit of brown sugar and cinnamon. Yummy stuff.

Spaghetti and Meatballs-Spaghetti out of a box lol. It's basically the "Kraft Spaghetti Dinner." because I haven't perfected a spaghetti sauce. So I buy the box for the seasoning mix because other mixes are too sweet for me. Anyway, the meatballs are ones I made a few weeks ago and froze, I can't find the recipe now. I will make the spaghetti noodles, the sauce using a generic can of tomato paste and the seasoning mix, then toss the frozen meatballs in, then, I will toss some shredded italian cheese blend on top. This is so I can tell DD6 they are pizza meatballs, which means she will eat the meatballs.

The Manhattans will be made with leftover roast beef from tonight, the gravy will probably be out of a jar because I can't made a good gravy either, and the mashed potatoes will either be the second taters and cauliflower thing, or I will toss some cut and peeled taters in the crockpot and at thend of the day just mash them up. The bread I will make in the bread machine, but haven't decided what kind. Maybe a regular Sally Lunn bread that I usually make, but it might be zuke bread or carrot bread.

The french bread pizza: I can't find the recipe right now or I would share it, but basically it's just pizza on french bread vs on pizza crust. I have a french bread dough recipe for the bread machine and a pan that makes good long loaves in the oven, so I am going to use that to make the french bread and then just standard tomato sauce, shredded cheese, and toppings

Chicken Soft Tacos-I have a taco seasoning mix I had thrown together a while ago sitting in the pantry. I will just cook up some chicken breast tenderloins with the taco seasoning mix, and put those on some tortillas with regular taco toppings.

NOW....with all that....

Tonight, the kids are just going to have chicken nuggets. None of them will eat beef. Tomorrow, the girls will eat the pizza pockets with Dh and I, but DS4 won't. I might try to give him a regular crust, no sauce, some cheese and call it "cheesy bread" which he will eat. The pork chops the girls will eat, DS4 won't. so he will probably get a peanut butter sandwich. DS4 also wont eat the spaghetti, he will probably just have some nuggets that night too. None of the kids will eat the roast beef manhattans so they will just get peanut butter sandwiches. On pizza night, DS4 won't eat the pizza with the sauce but I can probably give him french bread with cheese and he will be fine. Maybe if I have bacon I will put that on it (since the recipe I can't find right now is a bacon cheeseburger style pizza)

May I come eat at your house? :-)

DH is heading out of town for the weekend, so I'm trying not to cook much.  Here's what it looks like here:

Tonight: Roasting two chickens with potatoes, onions, and carrots.  Adding green beans with lemon zest, olive oil, and salt.  Throwing those bones in the crockpot overnight with leftover onions and carrots and water for stock.  All the extra chicken is getting diced up and put in ziplock bags in 1.5-2 cup portions.  Two will go in the fridge, the rest in the freezer.  Chicken stock will get bagged in the freezer for later meals.

Friday: Papa John's delivers.  This happens every Friday at the same time, so they know us, our order, and when we're out of town.  Fab.

Saturday: Fruity chicken salad sandwiches (apples, cranberries, walnuts, celery) made with one ziplock of my chicken on whatever bread I have around, carrot sticks, probably some chips.

Sunday: PB and J for the kids, a Nicoise-ish salad for me: leftover green beans and potatoes from Thurs, sliced hardboiled egg, olives, and a small can of tuna tossed with salad greens and whatever dressing I have on hand (or it might be lemon and olive oil.  I haven't checked my fridge side shelves for a while.)

Monday: Greek chicken bowls - brown rice or quinoa (I think I'm using frozen brown rice) topped with a can of chickpeas, chopped cucumbers, diced tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, and of course, the leftover chicken.  Dressed with dressing made from juice of 1/2 orange, juice of 1 lemon, olive oil to preferred consistency + salt and pepper.  I pile mine in a bowl, the kids like theirs with nothing touching each other on the plate.  Whatever.  

Tuesday: Daddy's coming home! Mexican lasagna - 1 diced zucchini, 1 diced onion, 1 c frozen or fresh corn, 1 pt cherry tomatoes halved or quartered sautéed + a bag of frozen chicken chunks.  Toss with enchilada sauce.  Layer a bit of enchilada sauce, corn tortillas, then 1/2 of chicken veggie mixture.  Repeat until the top layer is corn tortillas. Top with more enchilada sauce and cheese.  Bake at 350 for ~30 minutes.

Sometime next week: chicken and noodle or rice soup to use up leftover celery and carrots + the stock and chicken in my freezer.  And several meals without chicken.  Haven't quite made that far yet.

Friday - pasta with sauce and cheese

Saturday - ham, mashed potatoes, veggies

Sunday - Dairy Queen because it's my birthday.  :hurray:

Monday - Leftover Korean beef with rice and veggies

Tuesday - DH gets pizza, dd and I will eat eggs with fruit and/or veggies

Wednesday - pasta with sauce and cheese

Thursday - frozen turkey meatballs - DH will make some kind of meatball sub, dd and I will have rice and fruit/veggies

All super easy and quick.  I hate cooking.  

I'm scrambling to finish a home improvement project so I can begin school. Cooking is not on my radar and I'm sick of take-out, so I'm really phoning it in. Here's my plan for the next 3 days:

Beef stroganoff and salad - Buy the McCormick packet and follow the instructions. Serve with bagged salad. 15 minute meal.

Fish sticks, curly fries, steam-in-bag broccoli - I don't even remember how long it takes to cook a fish stick, but sooo little effort.

Chili, mac n cheese - McCormick chili packet and Velveeta mac n cheese. 15-20 minutes.

The only chopping I have to do for three days is to slice the sirloin for the stroganoff.

• Like 2