Menu

The Snack Bar Birthday Teachers Lounge 8-31-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning and welcome to the Snack Bar Birthday Lounge!

Today's theme stems from fact it is my daughter's 19th (!!!) birthday! AND she requested snack food as presents.  :drool5:  :D

What unique things have your kids requested for their birthdays? Here: I went out to the grocery store this morning and bought her 6 different kinds of soda (single bottles, mostly cream soda, some rootbeer), a box of Nature Valley granola bars, some Babybel spreadable cream cheese, and some Cheetos cheese puffs. Plus a pink frosted donut for breakfast. Lest you think I only plan to sugar her up, I also bought her some crocheted plushies (stuffed animals) and a black My Little Pony hoodie. From her I've learned that MLP has a following from people aged 4 - 99 it seems. I dont' get it, personally, but evidently there are other people who do!  :D

Anyone in your family have a birthday today or coming up? Here: no more birthdays here until December.

Anyone else REALLY wish the fall weather was here already?? Here:  :seeya:

Talk to me! :bigear: 

• Like 1

Hi ya, Scrap!

My son tends to ask for car parts and guitar parts. He likes working on both cars and guitars.

Happy birthday to your son.

No birthdays around here for the next couple of months.

We got drizzle for the first time today in 18 days. Before that we went a record 55 days with no precipitation. Everything around here is brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello Scrap!

Happy Birthday to your Dd! Sounds like a fun morning at your house.

Lately, my kids ask for money towards summer camp. We love this!

Dh's twin niece and nephew have an early Sept. birthday. We just get them gift cards or cash b/c we never know what they like and they have loads more money than we do anyway.

Yes, I am ready for some crisp, cool fall days!!

Wow, Jean, that is a long time with no rain. I hate brown Septembers.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

Happy Birthday to your dd. I love MLP. I gave my kids my old ponies. Even my boys love em. Dh even grew up watching and playing MLP with his sister. lol.

My dad just had a bday. My ds is at the end of Sept. Dd in Oct. Dh and 2 cousins in Dec. no bday in jan. another baby cosin bday in feb. Mu ds in march. My bday and baby due date in April, so we are on a constant bday circut around here. Jan is the only month we dont have a close family bday.

I could care less about the weather, bit Im begging for fall so I will be farther along in my pregnancy and feeling better.

• Like 2

Hi ya, Scrap!

My son tends to ask for car parts and guitar parts. He likes working on both cars and guitars.

Happy birthday to your son.

No birthdays around here for the next couple of months.

We got drizzle for the first time today in 18 days. Before that we went a record 55 days with no precipitation. Everything around here is brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brain on your son today, Jean? It's my daughter's birthday today.  ;)

How did camp go? 

:hurray:  for rain in Washington and not in Texas!

• Like 1

Scout, thanks and YES! I just realized I also get today "off" as dd doesn't have to do school on her birthday

and I'm giving my son one more day to recovere from whatever virus he has/had. He seems much better today, though,

so tomorrow IS a school day! If I can get off my tush and be productive, I plan on getting some of my own school work done

and some light housekeeping done. 

• Like 2

Not quite yet ready for fall. My twenty year old still requests Legos for his birthday and the 19 year old asks for Subway gift cards, youngest wanted a sword, and the twenty six year old on her birthday was enduring a toddler cutting molars and begged me to give her the gift of adopting him! I expected at least his daddy would not want to part with him, but his response was, " If you love us at all, you will take guardianship of him until the last molar comes through!"

LOL, she did not get her birthday wish. Now if we lived near to them I would have taken him for twenty four hours. 😃

At the moment I am finishing my sandwich before getting back on the freeway...taking Subway boy back to college.

• Like 2

My ds requested a step counter, bracelet style, last year for his 9th. I know there have been other unique requests but I can't think of them off the top okf my head. He also asked for blueberry pie instead of cake, once.

His birthday is coming in September and DH's is in Nov.

• Like 1

Happy bday to your dd!! No bdays here until December, but then we have a bunch back to back.

My children often ask for boxes of cereal for their bday. We never eat cereal so getting it for your b-day is pretty special to them.

I'm actually enjoying the summer quite a bit. I like fall as well but I'm in no hurry for it to start getting too cool.

• Like 1

Happy birthday Scraps DD  :party:

Love the gifts! 

Mine ask for  tools or weird things to make homemade or tools from history.  Sometimes weird stuff but turns into cool stuff.

Dh and several extended family members have September birthdays.  Thinking they will all get food related items. :thumbup1: 

I love fall but that means closet to Christmas...which I am NOT ready for.  

• Like 1

Happy bday to your dd!! No bdays here until December, but then we have a bunch back to back.

My children often ask for boxes of cereal for their bday. We never eat cereal so getting it for your b-day is pretty special to them.

I'm actually enjoying the summer quite a bit. I like fall as well but I'm in no hurry for it to start getting too cool.

Since you enjoy summer so much, you can have mine, too :D : supposed to get up to 108*F today! (Again.  :glare: )

• Like 1

Not quite yet ready for fall. My twenty year old still requests Legos for his birthday and the 19 year old asks for Subway gift cards, youngest wanted a sword, and the twenty six year old on her birthday was enduring a toddler cutting molars and begged me to give her the gift of adopting him! I expected at least his daddy would not want to part with him, but his response was, " If you love us at all, you will take guardianship of him until the last molar comes through!"

LOL, she did not get her birthday wish. Now if we lived near to them I would have taken him for twenty four hours. 😃

At the moment I am finishing my sandwich before getting back on the freeway...taking Subway boy back to college.

Legos and swords are always popular here! some things never go out of style!  :D

• Like 1

Good afternoon! Happy birthday to your dd, Scrap!

I can't think of anything unusual they have asked for as a present. I've always let them have whatever they wanted for breakfast. Ds usually asks for waffles with Nutella and Biscoff. He likes to get his own jars that he doesn't have to share.

My sister's birthday is this Saturday, so I hope to see her for at least a little bit. 

Yes, fall can come and stay and I'l be super happy!

Ah, I see we're all in mid-afternoon snooze here in the Lounge as I found us on the SECOND page.

Hope you all are comfortable! 

I've done a bit of light housework today (two loads of dishes and a load of laundry). Just finished a conversation with 

my daughter about what how she wants to decorate her room when she has her own place (which won't be for awhile!).

Now contemplating dinner. DS is definitely not up for going out and dh may not be either. However, dd and I definitely are 

so it may just be the two of us!

Since you enjoy summer so much, you can have mine, too :D : supposed to get up to 108*F today! (Again. :glare: )

Haha, no thank you. There is a reason I'm not down south. I like summer but not that hot! I just got back from a trip to Alabama and was so happy to be back in 80 to 90 degree weather with less humidity