Menu

Serving cheesecake warm?

marbel

Twice in the last few weeks, someone has brought cheesecake to an event, hot out of the oven.  I had never heard of eating cheesecake warm before.  Every recipe I've seen for anything called cheesecake calls for chilling it thoroughly.   I couldn't really ask the people if they had wanted to eat it warm, or had just planned badly and not left chilling time.  

This is not a complaining post.  I know I could eat it or not eat it.  I am not grossed out by the thought of warm cheesecake.  I am not bashing anyone's food choices; in fact I never call anyone's food "weird" or "icky" and think it's rude to do so.  This is just one of those things I get curious about.  So, do you eat warm cheesecake?  

The flavor takes time to develop, they aren't nearly as good fresh out of the oven and taste kind of bland and weird that way. I've tried both and chilled after a day is the way to go.

I love cheesecake but would pass if it was warm.  Cold is much preferred but I could do close to room temperature.   Chocolate chip cookies need to be served either warm or room temp. Cold from the fridge? No thank you. It's kind of like that. But opposite. 

And now I want both cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies. 

• Like 5

If it's firm enough to be served warm I'd wonder if it was overcooked. Cheesecake should have a little wobble to the middle until it's cooled and chilled. I've never had warm cheesecake but have cooked many over the years, always served chilled. I've not heard of eating it warm.

• Like 4

Ewww  :ack2:  That would be like bland, thick, chunky (as it cooled)  warm pudding.  Why waste cheesecake calories and fat on that????

ETA: ok so I googled and I guess it is a thing, but not something I want to try any time soon.  If you saw it twice in a short period of time, my guess is that someone linked it on Facebook or Pinterest. Or one of the cooking shows/websites featured it.  Odd new trends are usually the result of advertising. 

Edited by Tap
  • Like 2

If it's firm enough to be served warm I'd wonder if it was overcooked. Cheesecake should have a little wobble to the middle until it's cooled and chilled. I've never had warm cheesecake but have cooked many over the years, always served chilled. I've not heard of eating it warm.

^^^This. It shouldn't have been firm enough warm. More than one person did this??? Maybe it is regional, or they just didn't realize how long a cheescake takes. I have only ever eaten it cold. I don't even really like it room temp, chilled at least please. It affects the texture.

• Like 1

I love cheesecake but would pass if it was warm.  Cold is much preferred but I could do close to room temperature.   Chocolate chip cookies need to be served either warm or room temp. Cold from the fridge? No thank you. It's kind of like that. But opposite. 

And now I want both cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies. 

My grandma's chocolate chip cookies were excellent when "stolen" out of the deep freeze with cousins. (I'm sure she knew and kept them in an easy to reach spot)

• Like 1

My grandma's chocolate chip cookies were excellent when "stolen" out of the deep freeze with cousins. (I'm sure she knew and kept them in an easy to reach spot)

They were eaten frozen??? I've never tried that. I love cold cake but when I take cookies from the freezer I always thaw them before eating them. Maybe I'm missing out!

I've never had warm cheesecake because I'm generally a rule follower (don't tell my mother!) and all my recipes say "chill 8 hours or overnight." I love cheesecake, especially chocolate cheesecake, so I'd be willing to try it, though. With whipped cream. 

• Like 1