Menu

So I wrote this little Facebook post...

MedicMom

About my kids praying for ice cream. Long story short, I had to buy a new fridge and new tires last week and it left me with like $20. I told them we couldn't stop and get ice cream and so they prayed and a check arrived completely unexpectedly in the mail.

Anyway.

I wrote it and knew my long distance relatives would enjoy it. Two or three people asked to share. That was Monday.

Today I woke up to 10,000 shares and almost 30,000 likes and I don't know how many PMs and friend requests.

Craziness.

Aww.  I found the post and it is really sweet and awesome.  :)

• Like 1

So what kind of ice cream did you get for them? That is SO cool!

Twice a month my husband works a 42 hour shift, and on the second night he's gone I take the kids out for ice cream at this little roadside stand. This week we had big ticket items that needed to be purchased immediately and there was just nothing leftover, so I said we couldn't get ice cream this week.

They were so disappointed....but then this check from a student loan I over payed in 2007 showed up, and we got to go out for ice cream. :)

I can't believe how many people have seen it...guess now you all know who I am IRl ;)

• Like 11

About my kids praying for ice cream. Long story short, I had to buy a new fridge and new tires last week and it left me with like $20. I told them we couldn't stop and get ice cream and so they prayed and a check arrived completely unexpectedly in the mail.

Anyway.

I wrote it and knew my long distance relatives would enjoy it. Two or three people asked to share. That was Monday.

Today I woke up to 10,000 shares and almost 30,000 likes and I don't know how many PMs and friend requests.

Craziness.

Cool. You went Viral. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G355M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm at close to 40,000 likes and 20,000 shares. It's so crazy. I can't believe it.

I can't figure out a link, so I copied the post:

So I have $20 to my name right now. Bills are paid and food is bought, but there just wasn't much leftover this week. That's okay. Then on the way home from grocery shopping today, my kids begged for ice cream. Begged. Cried real tears. All the drama.

I said no. I'm short on money and I might need that $20 before payday. We have plenty of good food at home; we don't need to stop at the ice cream store.

I heard little sighs from the back seat, and then, "God, we'd really love some ice cream. Is there any way you can give mommy some money so we can get some ice cream tonight? We know you can. Thank you."

Oh good grief. "Guys," I said, "God isn't going to drop money on our door step so you two can get ice cream. He's BUSY right now with natural disasters."

"Nope," Josh said. "God said you'll have plenty of money for ice cream and to give some to the natural disaster people."

"Josh...it doesn't work that way," I started, and then gave up. And then we got home.

And on my doorstep was the mail.

In the mail was an envelope.

In the envelope was a check for $123. From an overpayment on a student loan I paid off...in 2007. The kids were not surprised. God was not surprised. They got ice cream. The Red Cross got a donation.

And Mom remembered, yet again, what it means to have the faith of a child.

#momof3 #faithofachild #prayer

(Edited: This post has gone viral!! Craziness! I love to write, and I wrote it simply to spread some faith and hope in a world that can be so dark some days...and I believe that's what my words are doing. I don't accept friend requests from people I don't know because I keep my Facebook small, but I do accept PMs. 🙂 Also, the number you see at the bottom is NOT a social security number. It's a telephone number for Wells Fargo. 🙂 Also I've gotten so many PMs offering to send my kids money for ice cream...that's so super sweet. We have good jobs and are financially set, just some weeks we pay extra on things and don't leave room in the budget for treats. 🙂. I never expected this post to go past my private circle of friends but I'm glad everyone is blessed! Keep the faith always!)

Edited by MedicMom
  • Like 22