Menu

Shoes to wear with skinny jeans

MaeFlowers

That are not too casual?

All I have now are flip flops and old tennis shoes. I want something a little nicer to wear to church. Ive been shopping the past two nights for ballet type flats and apparently they are not made for my feet. Boots and heels are out.

I am thinking slim line sneakers because I am at a total loss here. Any ideas?

Why wouldn't flats works? That was my first thought.

What kind of flats? I was afraid some of them woild look too clunky so thats why I tried ballet style.

PS. I completelt fashion challenged. Thats why I only own flip flops ans tennis shoes, LOL.

Edited by MaeFlowers
  • Like 1

These are the type I have tried on. They either were too small (and painful) or too big. I think they are not made for my feet.

Loafers and oxfords are on trend for the fall. Like this or this . I have a pair of black brogues as well as my old Doc Martens that I'll be wearing with skinny jeans once the weather cools down.

I normally think ballet flats are so uncomfortable but recently found a pair at the thrift store made by Easy Spirit that are super comfy. Aerosoles and Naturalizer also make flats that are nice. Tieks have been very popular--they are expensive but leather and made well.

I'm not a fan of regular Tom's but the Jutti flats are cute.

• Like 2

The slip ons or the tennis shoes? I looked at the slip ons but passed because they were cloth. How does the cloth hold up?

I've got a pair of Toms Classic Slip-ons I've had at least a couple of years and they still look fine. They're a little worn looking but I think that's acceptable after 2 years. I have 4 pairs of Toms and a 5th pair is arriving in my Trunk Club box that I might keep. I wear Toms when the weather allows me to wear shoes without socks, and Keds when the weather is cold and I do have to wear socks. I don't yet know what I'm going to wear with my skirts when the weather is cold.

I've only ever found one pair of ballet-type flats that actually stay on my foot, and feel good. They're cheap, too (about $30). :) They are at Payless and the brand is dexflex comfort. They're the ones that look kind of curled up on each end when you're not wearing them. Very flexible, comfy.

I typically wear Toms with my skinny jeans. Comfortable. They are getting worn out (insole in one is falling out and the toe is wearing a hole in it), but they are at least 3 years old.

They are terrible in wet weather though. I'm considering low-top Converse to replace them for everyday use. Even though wedge heels (is that what they are called? those chunky things?) are terrible for my posture, they look good with skinny jeans for a more dressed-up look. And I can reach my spice cabinet without tongs in them, too.

• Like 1