Menu

Update on Greek For Children from CAP

Slache

"We actually are in production of three completely new Greek for Children Primers. They are already written. Greek for Primer A & B will release in 2018 (no guarantee of what month) and Primer C will be the following year. These are long overdue and for that we apologize!"

• Like 1

"We actually are in production of three completely new Greek for Children Primers. They are already written. Greek for Primer A & B will release in 2018 (no guarantee of what month) and Primer C will be the following year. These are long overdue and for that we apologize!"

Sooo.... GfC-B won't line up with the GfC-A I already own? Or...?

Meh, they're revising LfC, which is annoying since I already own A & B (though they say the revision doesn't change the s&s). So maybe they're rethinking their language approach overall.

I'm interested to see what they're doing though. GfC-A is...wow, it really does cover a bunch of grammar (compared to other common Greek textbooks, even college ones). Grammar-heavy is their shtick, so maybe that will stay. Maybe they're just "funning it up" like they are with LfC.

Sooo.... GfC-B won't line up with the GfC-A I already own? Or...?

Meh, they're revising LfC, which is annoying since I already own A & B (though they say the revision doesn't change the s&s). So maybe they're rethinking their language approach overall.

I'm interested to see what they're doing though. GfC-A is...wow, it really does cover a bunch of grammar (compared to other common Greek textbooks, even college ones). Grammar-heavy is their shtick, so maybe that will stay. Maybe they're just "funning it up" like they are with LfC.

"The new GFCA will have some additional grammar concepts but the authors are working on a bridge text so those who have used GFCA can go into B. Hope that helps!"

• Like 1

I wonder if this is (in part) a reaction to Memoria Press's First Form Greek development. . . .

That is a good question. Though since Cheryl Lowe died, I wonder if MP will be delayed in releasing further levels.