Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

It's still middle of the night here and I haven't slept yet. I'm willing to take a shot at it.

DD and I will wake up and go grocery shopping, 2 different stores.

Come home, wake DH and make a family meal.

DH off today so it's family day. Daddy promised to take DD out to yard sales. He's teaching her how to bargain and recognize quality things verses junk. Something his father taught him.

Out and visit family and friends

Do another load or 2 of laundry.

Rest and have a quiet night. I hope.

• Like 7

Good morning!

We're back from Comic Con. It was fun, but oh boy, am I ready to be a hermit for the rest of the weekend! 

•work on training puppies

•work w/horses & ride

•clean up around hay boxes

•clean hay steamer

•fill hummingbird feeder

•make a big bowl of salad

•order some new clothes for dd

•read & relax

•dinner: probably takeout (I really need to go grocery shopping, but no way is that happening today!) 

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 5

Already done:

got over dreadful migraine in only 4 hours!

Picked up bagels and cat food

showered

To do:

Drive to Baltimore and celebrate Grandad's 86th birthday!

Come home around 4 or 5

Rest

Eat leftovers for dinner

Maybe do some of that housework we didn't get to yesterday.

• Like 6

Morning, all!

I've been dealing with blood sugar this week so I've been solely focused on that.  A learning process, but now I recognize some weird symptoms, but still haven't identified a trigger.

To do:

groceries

banking

pedicure

llibrary

visit with my mom

lesson plan

work on dining room, maybe rearrange furniture

laundry

read

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Good morning! 

I am fighting a cold/sinus infection and don't feel very good. I'd really like to spend the day reading a novel, napping and having homemade chx soup. 

Done:

Dd dropped at volunteer gig

To do:

Tag clothes and toys for consignment

Clean a bathroom

Laundry

Budget/Bills   Monday

Grocery?

Pick up dd or get Dh to do it. 

Prep for church.

Dinner - ribs,spinach salad, green beans, and roasted root veggies  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Morning, all!

I've been dealing with blood sugar this week so I've been solely focused on that.  A learning process, but now I recognize some weird symptoms, but still haven't identified a trigger.

:grouphug:  Hope you get the blood sugar thing figured out soon.

• Like 3

Good morning! 

I am fighting a cold/sinus infection and don't feel very good. I'd really like to spend the day reading a novel, napping and having homemade chx soup. 

(((Scout))) Hope you get some relaxation today and are feeling better soon!

• Like 3

Good morning! I took ds2 to judo, had a little breakfast, bought dog food and am back home now. ds3 is at a tennis tournament with dh. He moved up an age group and is playing with much higher ranked players now, so hope he is satisfied with his efforts. dd2 is at a sleepover and she is unsure of the rest of the day's plans.

To do:

Finish cleaning up kitchen

laundry (started)

general pick up

jen things

pick up dd2 at some point

Mass tonight, I think

watch movie with ds2

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Skipped horse riding because 1 kid hurt her foot and the other kid wasn't too keen.

Took 1 kid to math tutoring.

Walked a couple miles.

Dropped off library books and pen pal letter.

Took a nap.

Did some cleaning, purging, organizing in kids' bedrooms.

Helping 1 kid with homework.

Supposed to be working.

To do:

Make sure kids finish all their homework through at least Tuesday.

Lots of work.

Pay some bills, some other personal paperwork.

Try to do some reading, yoga, walking.

Read with the kids.

Some laundry.

Edited by SKL
  • Like 2

Camp is over for this year. I'm sad. But tired.

Camp is broken down. People local to the area will put camp things in storage. Dd and I have made the long trek home Ds and Dh are still on the road.

I have hung the sleeping bags out to air.

My suitcase was emptied into the washing machine, which is running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Had to "take a break" from work to do a bunch of extra stuff around the house since we have "people" coming over tomorrow.

5 people from my business are driving together to DC tomorrow in the business's van, which is parked at our house.  For some reason people thought it was a good idea for the 2 who don't live here to drive here and park in our garage, instead of us picking them up on the way out of town.  Because these are "people" who will [most likely] see the inside of our house for the first time, certain housemates believe the house must look more impressive than it actually is, and we are not in agreement on what looks just fine and what looks stupid, LOL.  We never have been in agreement, but "some of us" decided at some point that it wasn't worth fighting about.  But that doesn't mean I want to move furniture around a gazillion times when I have better things to do.  "We'll just put it in the basement for this weekend."  Nope, that's bull.  Sigh.  We'll see how things end up.  ...  Oh and don't get me started about how NOT ready for Company our garage is....  Really should have just picked those people up at their homes!

Plus, 2 different people are coming to help out with my kids while we're gone (one from Sunday to Monday a.m., the second from Monday after school until late night).  The first one will bring her daughter.  So we need to have 2 bedrooms decent enough for a sleep-over.  Plus there is some concern about one of them (whom we don't know well) peeping around and stuff.  Ugh I would have rather skipped the trip than fuss around like this over one stinking day.

And then there is the issue of my tailbone, which is not looking forward to sitting in a van for 6 hours, then in a conference for 8 hours, and again in the van for 6 more hours.  With "people" around so odd positions are not an option.  :P

So anyhoo, we got a fair amount done today but there will be more to do tomorrow to get all this ready.  The kids' nanny should arrive about 1pm so that is my deadline to have everything ready tomorrow.  Not only having the house decent, but having the kids' homework, school bags, clothes, etc. ready.  Not being a morning person, this should be interesting.  :P

• Like 2