Menu

Scripted Curriculum

Elizabeth86

So, it turns out I have to have scripted or I get so distracted by my almost 2 year old and everything else. Also Im just not good at teaching things. I need scripted. Is there a list of scripted curriculum to help me with future curriculum decisions. We are doing Abeka for language arts for 1st and it is a perfect fit for me and my son. We are doing Singapore Primary Mathematics and I like it, but I'd do anything to have it tell me exactly what to say.

All of Rod and Staff Publishers' materials have scripts, including science and social studies/history. In particular, the first through third maths depend on the oral scripted class time. However, the English texts, although there are also scripted oral class lessons, are written to the children, such that once they are reading well, they can read the assignments for themselves and do the lessons; IOW, everything they need to know is right there in the textbook. The same is true of all the subjects: there are scripted oral lessons, but they are not necessary (they do add some nice warm fuzzy face time, though). Many textbook publishers have some information in their teacher manuals, so that there must be instruction from the teacher; not so with Rod and Staff (except for the math, and the first and maybe second grade reading materials).

I believe Saxon math K--grade 3 is scripted. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This is what I was going to say. Saxon in those years are completely scripted and easy to do. Rightstart is scripted but I wouldn't want to do that with a toddler.

We occassionly tap our Saxon manuals and throw them into the mix. I always go up a grade so my 1st grader uses Saxon 2 for example.

If I was going to script out my whole 1st grade curriculum I would do:

Abeka language 1

FLL 1

WWE1

Saxon 2

SOTW with activity guide

RS4K Geology

Meet the Masters track A art

That combo is about as scripted as you can get and super easy to implement :) Abeka language 1 is essentially AAS 1-4 so if you are having your child do the dictation that pops in part way through the year then it is already a rock solid spelling program and no need for anything else.

Edited by nixpix5