Menu

Should I be worried about Luna?

desertstrawberry5

She has been sleeping since 2:30 yesterday afternoon. It's now 7am. She has woken up a little cried, and gone back to sleep a few times. 

She sometimes doesn't wake from her naps until morning. She's done it at least once this week. But she's usually up at 5am. 

Edited by desertstrawberry5

If you can't wake her, and she doesn't become alert without inconsolable crying, I would call the doc.

Does she have a fever? Skin color normal? Does she have a rash anywhere - under her clothes, on the torso? Is she taking liquid? Peeing?

I am no alarmist about going to the doc, but something about your post has me concerned.

Hoping it's all fine.

• Like 5

If I wake her, she will scream inconsolably for hours. And refuse to eat. I'm considering it, but i'm afraid to cause her more strife. 

I doubt there is a perfect answer to this....if she is breathing and waking up off and on she is probably fine.  It does seem like an excessive amount of sleep even for a 2 year old. 

• Like 3

If you can't wake her, and she doesn't become alert without inconsolable crying, I would call the doc.

This is just how she is all the time. 

She is awake and eating now. She hasn't peed even though she drank two (small) bottles of water during the night. She's drinking, too. 

No fever. She doesn't seem sick at all. 

Edited by desertstrawberry5
  • Like 2

I'm sure not everyone knows, but she has some health challenges. She's doing well, but her energy is lagging lately. It's just hard for me to know what is *her* normal and what is not ok *for her*. Excessive fatigue is something she struggles with. 

She did sit up on her own and fed herself breakfast, both good signs, but she still seems sleepy and not too zesty. 

I will keep an eye on her. 

I think i will also pursue further genetic testing. She has been doing so well, but every time something like this happens, I freak out all over again. 

• Like 3

This is just how she is all the time. 

She is awake and eating now. She hasn't peed even though she drank two (small) bottles of water during the night. She's drinking, too. 

No fever. She doesn't seem sick at all. 

Yes I was aware she has some health issues,but not sure what all.  I am glad she is awake and eating.  I feel like that some mornings!  I want to cry out and flop back down and go back to sleep!  ;)

• Like 2

I'm sure not everyone knows, but she has some health challenges. She's doing well, but her energy is lagging lately. It's just hard for me to know what is *her* normal and what is not ok *for her*. Excessive fatigue is something she struggles with. 

She did sit up on her own and fed herself breakfast, both good signs, but she still seems sleepy and not too zesty. 

I will keep an eye on her. 

I think i will also pursue further genetic testing. She has been doing so well, but every time something like this happens, I freak out all over again. 

Did she have the extended PKU testing to rule out all the medium chain and long chain and fatty acid and all that other endocrine stuff that can cause serious fatigue?

Yes I was aware she has some health issues,but not sure what all.  I am glad she is awake and eating.  I feel like that some mornings!  I want to cry out and flop back down and go back to sleep!  ;)

I felt a little bit guilty because I slept late-until 6:30, blazing sunshine! Then of course, I panicked, because she hadn't woken me in 2 hours. 

She ate all of her breakfast, half of her brother's, is getting her third cup of water and is working her way though my breakfast as well. She has a lot of making up to do. And she's coloring. So everything seems fine with her. 

• Like 8

Did she have the extended PKU testing to rule out all the medium chain and long chain and fatty acid and all that other endocrine stuff that can cause serious fatigue?

yes. Twice, maybe three times. 

We spent a year having her tested and evaluated for every possible syndrome.

And a year in therapy.

She has had maybe 10 diagnoses and grown out of almost all of them.

the last remaining options are atypical Prader-Willi ( does not show up on the test), and unique genetic mutation ( this is the last test that we have not yet done). 

I felt a little bit guilty because I slept late-until 6:30, blazing sunshine! Then of course, I panicked, because she hadn't woken me in 2 hours.

She ate all of her breakfast, half of her brother's, is getting her third cup of water and is working her way though my breakfast as well. She has a lot of making up to do. And she's coloring. So everything seems fine with her.

Yay! That's great! I didn't know about her health challenges, so was thinking this was a serious change in routine.

FWIW, I used to sleep for 24 hours, and stayvuo for two days. My poor parents!

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 2

Just a little end of the day update.

She was a little more subdued than usual, took her normal 2 hour nap, ate her meals, and went to bed at her regular time. She seems fine. 

She sees her therapist Friday. I'll talk to her about it. but I think she's fine, and just extra tired today. I will keep an eye on her overall activity level to see if she is declining. 

• Like 5