Menu

MOHs dermatologist who also does lady bit rejuvenation?

AnnE-girl

Terrible post title, but that's the most concise way of asking my question. I've been putting off getting a couple of moles looked at, but I promised DH I would finally make an appointment today. One practice that was recommended by several people on our local Facebook group is certified in Mohs, but they also advertise vag1nal rejuvenation. (I'm trying not to have this post come up if anyone searches the topic, thus the weird spelling.) Does that seem off-putting to anyone else? Or do dermatologists just make more money from the more cosmetic procedures while still carefully treating more serious skin issues? At least one person mentioned that the doctor had caught their skin cancer, but the other cosmetic services just throw me off.

It can be medical.  There was a show on discovery health that talked about getting the information out there on it for women who needed something done who had no idea this existed. The woman they featured had some bad tearing during labor and her lips hung down from it.  She talked about how she had to roll and place to wear underwear and clothes and how the surgery changed her life.  This would not steer me away from the practice.

If it was not for medical reasons, I just can't imagine who would want it done.  Ouch...

Edited by itsheresomewhere

I'm happy with my dermatology practice, and they advertise all kinds of cosmetic things (not that, though). Honestly, when I go in, I almost always see wealthy-looking older women there who look like they've just had facial treatments. It must be a money-maker for them. I was pleased with the mole removal and biopsy I had done there. I think you'd be fine going to that practice, especially if others have recommended it.

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 1