Menu

My own idiot eclipse question:)

lewber

It won't hurt the camera, but there is a danger of reflecting the sunlight back on yourself..not via the camera but just from the reflection off the glass screen. So be careful to look at it at an angle. 

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:  Yep.  This.  Not that it will be a problem here anyway.  It's cloudy here.

It won't hurt the camera, but there is a danger of reflecting the sunlight back on yourself..not via the camera but just from the reflection off the glass screen. So be careful to look at it at an angle. 

Actually, I just saw a news bit this morning that said it would hurt your camera unless you were using a sun filter.  They were specifically talking about phone cameras.

• Like 2

My dumb question..

How does the pinhole viewer work? It's made, but what I'm seeing is just the light coming through the pinhole. What am I missing?

You project the pinhole of light onto another piece of paper or clean surface and the shape of the light will look like a circle with a piece bitten out of it. We're getting those results right now in Maryland.