Menu

Help me choose a car seat/booster

lovinmyboys

My 5yr olds car seat is expired so I need to get a new one. I have moved my other three kids to high back boosters when they turned 6, but they are all taller/heavier for their age than he is. He is currently in a Britax, but I don't know if I want to spend that much to replace it. I would like to get a five point harness that will convert to a booster. Any suggestions? I would like one that is maybe not as expensive, but I can get a more expensive one if necessary. It has been awhile since I have researched car seats. He is still in the same seat he has had his whole life.

Our two older kids graduated from a 5 point harness style at the age of 3.5/4 or so, into a high back booster that uses the standard car's seatbelt - so across the lap and chest. Our 5.5 year old has been in that style for 1.5 years now. We use the Graco with side impact protection. They have channels that the car's seatbelts pass through so the belt stays put at the shoulder. I think it runs between $60-100.