Menu

Dr. Hive: best mattress for fibromyalgia?

Ravin

What helped me personally to sleep better , more than a mattress, has been a CPap machine. But of course you are not asking about that. I have liked a sleep number bed. I tried a temperpedic type mattress and didn't last more than an hour on that thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree with this. We went through mattress after mattress, topper after topper. Sleeping better was the key here, too.

I also would not go with tempurpedic. I thought it would be the holy grail, but nope. Far from it.

Good luck!

• Like 1

A friend who has MS slept tons better with a memory foam topper.

I have done really well with a latex mattress from IKEA. (I have chronic, unremitting joint pain and muscle tension due to multiple diagnoses.) I looooooooove my latex mattress.

If dh hadn't been opposed, I would have gotten a waterbed with a topper. The one concern with waterbeds, though, is that they do not force the body into a truly supine position--there tends to be a dip at the hips that keeps the body flexed in a mild V. My chiropractor has concerns about that, though I wonder if the pillow top on some waterbeds would alleviate the dip somewhat.