Menu

Help me use my Audible credits!

Wabi Sabi

I need to use some of my Audible credits. Any suggestions for things you've listened to recently that were for yourself, not the kids? I already have a couple dozens books that the kids haven't listened to yet! 

A few adult Audible books I've listened to and enjoyed over the last few months include Trevor Noah's Born a Crime, Hillbilly Ellegy, The Handmaid's Tale, and The Lilac Girls. 

Some WTMers recommended News of the World ~ Paulette Jiles.  

They were right, excellent listen (or read).

A few , other, audible downloads I've appreciated:

David Copperfield ~ Charles Dickens

Don Quixote ~ Cervantes

Unbroken ~ Hillenbrand

Night ~ Elie Wiesel

The Great Escape ~ Paul Brickhill  ("language" content)

The Affair of .... mystery series ~ James Anderson   (light listens)

Tartuffe ~ Moliere  classic/play  audiodrama

etc....

• Like 1

The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley - one of my favorites from my younger years, plus 51 hours!!

The Black Death: The World's Most Devastating Plague by Prof. Dorsey Armstrong - (The Great Courses) I thought this was fascinating. I'm a bit obsessed with plague, lol.

The Johnstown Flood by David McCullough - I am also obsessed with 19th century disasters.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - I love Sissy Spacek's narration. 

The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy - I swear I hear the opening lines of The Hobbit in my head whenever I see something Tolkien related.Rob Inglis is awesome!

Gone With the Wind - also a great job narrating this, plus I love a long listen. I loved the movie and always wanted to read it but never had the time, so I was ecstatic when I found it on Audible.

• Like 1