Menu

Homeschool Planet Users

journey00

You could ask their support. I always found them VERY helpful.

I loved the program. I'm not using it this year since we're doing virtual school for a year (back to homeschooling next year), so I no longer have access to look at it and tell you what you could do, but whenever I wanted to do xyz, I'd just e-mail support and ask if there was a way, and they'd tell me how or give me an alternative.

I don't know of a user group, but I haven't looked for one either.

• Like 1

I would just create the loop as a lesson plan and name the assignment accordingly. Day 1-geography (assignment details), day 2 art appreciation, etc in a loop, and they’ll just come up in the right order.

Edited by mamajag
  • Like 1

I know how I would do it now.

• I would create a lesson plan, and on the assignment tab, I'd look for the "more options" link beside the every day add this.
  • Choose "My assignments follow a recurring pattern". Click next.
  • Choose how many times you want the loop to repeat on the next screen and which days you want it to appear. Click next. There are some things to be aware of here. If your loop is of fewer than 5 subjects, you almost have to double/triple the amount to get above 5 and make a nice repeating loop. For example, if your loop is 3 subjects and you do one every day, click all five days here, and on the next screen choose "add another day to schedule" so that you have 6. This ensures your loop is always complete regardless of the number of days.
  • Create your loop on this page, Assigning each subject to a day and adding days as necessary to get the lowest number of days that creates a full loop. This may be more than one loop if the number of subjects is small. Take a look at how things appear in the preview window, click ok, and confirm your choices.
  • When you're back at the main screen, it's time to enter your assignments. You should have already created assignments that tell you what subject each day is. Whether you edit this and add the assignment to the notes or choose add an assignment to this day is up to you. It will be easier to lesson plan if you fill in the subject name in the "show containing" field on the assignment list. It should pull up only that subject for ease of entry.

​Clear as mud? 

• Like 1