Menu

Sizing just keeps getting worse!

Carrie12345

Took my dds to Target yesterday, and decided to have all 3 of us stock up on their jeans sale. I'm not normally a fan of their fit, but it's hard to go wrong with stretchy skinny jeans at $15!

The girls had to try multiple sizes b/c they're still growing. I had to go back twice for more sizes, and I'm not growing! I got a little excited, thinking I'd gone down two sizes, but my jeans at home haven't been THAT loose!

But here's the kicker. Finally picked 2 pair that fit perfect. Different brands, different rises, different material, both size 10. So I grabbed another pair almost identical to one of them, in its same brand, same size. And I couldn't even get it up over my hips. SAME BRAND!!!

I am so frikking fed up with clothing manufacturers!

dudeling is 12. he's 5' 2", and weighs about 105 lbs. . . . . I bought him a soft-shell jacket at costco in a 14/16.  it's too tight and too short on him.

and I thought women's hiking pants were ridiculous!  (I bought men's.  not only were they not (designed to be) skin tight - they have POCKETS)

I've noticed the same thing.  I have to try on EVERY item, even when buying duplicates, to be sure they fit correctly. One day I was shopping very early and the fitting room wasn't open yet. I picked up 4 pairs of shorts, all the same size.  At home, 2 pair fit and 2 would just fall off of me. 

Admittedly, I'm buying inexpensive clothing. I wonder if higher end clothing would be more consistent.

and I thought women's hiking pants were ridiculous!  (I bought men's.  not only were they not (designed to be) skin tight - they have POCKETS)

I definitely shop the men's department for certain items. Even cheap clothes tend to be thicker and better made for the men.

• Like 2

I've noticed the same thing.  I have to try on EVERY item, even when buying duplicates, to be sure they fit correctly. One day I was shopping very early and the fitting room wasn't open yet. I picked up 4 pairs of shorts, all the same size.  At home, 2 pair fit and 2 would just fall off of me. 

Admittedly, I'm buying inexpensive clothing. I wonder if higher end clothing would be more consistent.

It should be, if what I was told about the manufacturing process is accurate.  The cheaper brands are using methods that allow them to do more cutting at once, but it is also more likely to have variations as a result.