Menu

Do we have a Game of Thrones social group?--many spoilers

Moxie

This is interesting because wasn't Robert's whole rebellion started because he thought Lyanna was kidnapped by Rhaegar? If they were actually married, then the rebellion would have been based on a lie. I haven't read the books, I've just read lots of stuff online, so I don't know all the in and outs of it. Not that any of that matters at this point, I guess. It just seems like that would be a huge departure from the books (if I'm understanding things correctly). 

Kidnapping and marriage aren't mutually exclusive.   It happened.   

This is interesting because wasn't Robert's whole rebellion started because he thought Lyanna was kidnapped by Rhaegar? If they were actually married, then the rebellion would have been based on a lie. I haven't read the books, I've just read lots of stuff online, so I don't know all the in and outs of it. Not that any of that matters at this point, I guess. It just seems like that would be a huge departure from the books (if I'm understanding things correctly). 

Both Robert and the Starks believed that Lyanna was kidnapped by Rhaegar. But there is nothing in the books to say that she definitely didn't go willingly. The rebellion was partially over Lyanna (especially for Robert) but also was instigated by Aerys' brutal execution of Brandon and Rickard Stark when they rode to King's Landing to demand that Lyanna be returned and Rhaegar punished.

There are certainly hints in the book that Lyanna went willingly with Rhaegar and was in love with him. She was moved to tears by Rhaegar's music at the tourney at Harrenhal, for example. Lyanna was also well-known for having a mind of her own (think Arya).

GRRM is pretty good at drawing out the ways in which people lie to each other and to themselves, and he may want us to see Robert claiming to defend Lyanna's honor, while really he's just defending his own.

Actually, I think Ned knew that Lyanna went with him willingly.  If he didn't know it before he found her at the tower, he knew it then.  But Ned was always diplomatically silent when Robert went on about how she had been kidnapped, and I am also pretty sure he knew she wasn't crazy about the idea of marrying him.

However, as far as why I doubt that plot could work in the books - an annulment only can be done by the High Septon, and I think it requires lack of consummation.  So even if it was the High Septon, the second part wasn't the case.

And the other thing is, it isn't all that clear that Jon survives the assassination in the book.

• Like 5

You can order HBO through Amazon. There's a 7 day free trial then it's $14.99 a month after that. We ordered it just for GoT and will cancel when the season ends. I don't know if it's available in Europe. If not, then your only way to get it is from a not-legal source.

ETA: Link

In the UK I think it's through Sky.

• Like 2

1. I'm wondering how and when he'll find out. Gilly read that in the books and then Sam went off on wanting to do something instead of just reading stupid books, so it went right over him. So no one knows except Gilly, who doesn't get it.

2. When Sir Davos first suggested keeping Gendry's identity secret I said to dh, "But when they get back to Winterfell Arya will recognize him". Then he just ignored Davos' plan anyway and told Jon who he is.

This guy's 39th thought is what I was screaming about to dh as we watched.

52 Thoughts I Had Watching Game of Thrones This Week

I only read the first book and I like the tv show. I did attempt to read the second one but it just didn't grab me. Dh has read all of them and he still likes the show. Not everyone who read the books hates the direction the show has taken. 

What do you think about that "Dream Team" business?  I saw someone else compare it to The Magnificent 7 or Oceans 11, that kind of thing.

It doesn't really seem very plausible to me that they would head out as such a small group - they are all experienced at wars.  GoT has typically been pretty realistic about war.  It seems gimmicky to me.

• Like 1

What do you think about that "Dream Team" business?  I saw someone else compare it to The Magnificent 7 or Oceans 11, that kind of thing.

It doesn't really seem very plausible to me that they would head out as such a small group - they are all experienced at wars.  GoT has typically been pretty realistic about war.  It seems gimmicky to me.

I agree. I think a lot of things have happened in the past two seasons (especially this one) that are just a little TOO convenient. Martin is a master at bringing plots together in a believable but unpredictable way. I think we will see a serious departure from the TV plotlines when the books come out. IF the books come out.

If the books never come out, it might just kill me... :svengo:

• Like 2

I think it's an interesting group. I loved Jon's pep talk..."We're all on the same side." Gendry, "How can we be?" Jon, "We're all breathing."  :lol:

To me it makes sense to take a smaller group because it's supposed to be a small (but stupid) mission to capture one wight. Maybe they didn't expect to run into the entire White Walker army? In the preview for next week, it kind of looked like there were other wildlings behind them, so it's hard to tell how many total are with the group. I think it's kind of gimmicky, but it's TV, so they have to up the drama. 

Any bets on who makes it and who doesn't?

Jon is the only one I know will for sure make it. It seems kind of strange to bring Gendry and Jorah back and then kill them so quickly. I know it's been done before but their characters have more backstory (than say Osha or Rickon). I love Tormund, but I'm a little worried about him. I have no clue about Beric, Thoros, and The Hound. Of the three, I would choose The Hound to survive. 

I agree. I think a lot of things have happened in the past two seasons (especially this one) that are just a little TOO convenient. Martin is a master at bringing plots together in a believable but unpredictable way. I think we will see a serious departure from the TV plotlines when the books come out. IF the books come out.

If the books never come out, it might just kill me... :svengo:

I have all the books, but I haven't read them yet. I feel like I have enough to wrap my head around with the show. Maybe once the show is over, and I have Game of Thrones withdrawals, I'll dive in. I keep having this thought in the back of my mind that maybe GRRM is secretly working on the last two books and will release them before the TV show finale. I know it'll NEVER happen, but it would be awesome. 

• Like 1

Perhaps they pick up some willings on the other side.  They didn't seem to have any sleds that I noticed, so I guess they must get supplied from somewhere?

I think the producers are disinclined to kill off popular characters, so I think most will be around for a bit, anyway

I agree, but I don't know that it will only be that small group. If anyone can pull together a large group of people who don't normally want to work together, it's Jon. 

• Like 1

So last night as I was doing dishes my mind was wandering like when you take a shower. During this wandering I began to wonder if The Mountain is a white walker. I've been assuming he was something similar to a Frankenstein but I could see that creepizoid of a maester figuring out the biological process that goes into creating a white walker. Maybe that's why The Mountain is always seen in armor (besides the Frankenstein thing) and maybe that's why Cerci wasn't freaked out when hearing the news of a white walker army. 

Just thinkin'.

Ive been avoiding the thread because I didnt get a chance to watch until last night...

I agree that Cersei is probably not pregnant. Jamie killing her would be the end she deserves. She really is just so evil and I think Jamie is about as tired of her as the rest of us are.

As for Jon and the dragon. I think the dragon trusts him but I didnt read much more into that scene. While I would like to think he recognizes Jon as a Targ, the dragons have let others, like Tyrion, get close.

I'm frustrated that there are only two episodes left. I dont know how many loose ends can really be tied up with the time left. Im afraid we are going to be left hanging until next season. Ă°Å¸ËœÂ£

Oh, and where is Ghost? Wouldnt he be good to have beyond the wall?

• Like 1

Jon is the only one I know will for sure make it. It seems kind of strange to bring Gendry and Jorah back and then kill them so quickly. I know it's been done before but their characters have more backstory (than say Osha or Rickon). I love Tormund, but I'm a little worried about him. I have no clue about Beric, Thoros, and The Hound. Of the three, I would choose The Hound to survive. 

The Hound must survive. He needs to battle the Mountain and win.

• Like 2

And the other thing is, it isn't all that clear that Jon survives the assassination in the book.

He is laying on the ground bleeding the last time we see him in the books. I thought he would be ok but it wasn't clear.

Course, Brienne was also in mortal peril but that part was cut out....I guess she comes out of it alright. :lol:

Edited by Slartibartfast

FWIW, I don't think he has given up on finishing the books nor do I think he is just filling his time with everything else, raking in checks and secretly not caring any more as some people have accused him of over the internet and even in real life.  If you look at his writing path/track record, he usually takes a LONG time to write a book.  Now that this story line is so dense and complex I think it is taking a LOT longer than he planned to get the story out that he wants.  He is not willing to just publish whatever.  He wants it to be the story it was meant to be in his head.  And for his own functionality GoT books cannot consume his life.  He has other interests.  He pursues those but I do believe from everything he has said that he is still carving out time to write. It is a creative process.  Some are better at moving in a timely fashion through that process than others.

The show will have to do what it needs to do.  The books will almost certainly continue to diverge.  I still think they will eventually be published, though.

• Like 3

They've had to cut Ghost because the dragons are eating up their CGI budget. :001_rolleyes:

But I agree that Jon needs him and not just for stuff beyond the wall. I think the wolf gives him gravitas.

I agree he needs to be there for more than stuff beyond the wall but it seems like a particularly good time to bring him back.

• Like 2

Here are my thoughts and guesses...possible spoilers.

Cersei is actually pregnant.  I do think that Jaime will have some kind of redemption before the end..I don't know if that will mean killing her but I do think he will leave her and join the fight against the Night King in the end.  I don't think either of them will survive to see this child born.  Jaime will die a hero. Cersei will did alone..having lost everything and finally broken.

Littlefinger won't survive this season.  He's picking the wrong sisters to try and manipulate.  I'm almost positive that Arya will be the one to kill him.  Don't mess with the Stark girls and also good riddance.

Arya won't survive the series.  This is just pure speculation on my part based on the arc of her character.  Her character reminds me a bit of Frodo..she's been through too much to ever be whole again.  I'm curious as to whether that dagger she's now carrying might be the weapon needed to kill the Night King..and who better to wield it than the most skilled fighter in Westeros? Will Arya be the one to take the NightKing down?  I could be totally wrong..she could meet back up with Gendry..fall in love and they could go on to live happily and make a little brood of warrior children together, lol. 

Rhaegar and Lyanna were indeed in love..we will "see" proof of this before the end of the season..most likely in the form of Bran's visions.  The revelation of Jon's parentage and Targaryen birthright could cause havoc and insight rebellion once the men who fight for him in the North find out their leader is a Targaryen.  Snap.

We'll find out Jon's given name...Jahaerys? Rhaegar? Aemon? Aegon? Brian?

Either Beric or Thoros won't survive the trip beyond The Wall.  My husband thinks that it's the Hound that will die and be brought back to Cersei as a Wight and that he'll fight the Mountain..I'm not so sure but we'll see.

The Wall will come down before the end of this season.

Jon and Dany will get together before the end of the season.

One of Danys dragons will not survive this season and I'm highly suspicious may be the "how" of The Wall being taken down in the show. Since there has been no mention of "The Horn of Winter" up until now I'm thinking the only thing capable of taking down the wall would be a dragon.  A wight dragon at the command of the Night King would be a mighty powerful weapon.

Once again..pure speculation on my part but I wonder if Tyrion is actually a Targaryen too.  There are more hints at it in the books (his pale blonde hair, fascination with dragons, hints that Aerys had a thing for his mother, Joanna)   but if he was then he would be able to ride a dragon..

Here are some things I have no solid hunches on..

Who is The Prince That Was Promised..Dany?  Jon?  Someone not thought of or even born yet?!

Who will take the Iron Throne..Dany?  Jon?  THE NIGHT KING?!

Why do they keep wasting time with Greyworm and Missandei's characters/story.  Yawn.  Nobody cares.

What the heck ever happened to that spoiled little wussy Robin?

Will we find out Yara's fate in this season?

What will Bran's final purpose in the show be?

Who was that other red witch that we saw in Essos and what the heck was that all about?

I'm not one for fan theory videos because they can be a rabbit hole of speculative nonsense (is Bran the Night King?!)  but i did find this video on the history and possible purpose of Arya's dagger fascinating :).

https://www.youtube.com/embed/YgCR-vaXsTk

SaveSave

Edited by JennSnow
  • Like 1

FWIW, I don't think he has given up on finishing the books nor do I think he is just filling his time with everything else, raking in checks and secretly not caring any more as some people have accused him of over the internet and even in real life.  If you look at his writing path/track record, he usually takes a LONG time to write a book.  Now that this story line is so dense and complex I think it is taking a LOT longer than he planned to get the story out that he wants.  He is not willing to just publish whatever.  He wants it to be the story it was meant to be in his head.  And for his own functionality GoT books cannot consume his life.  He has other interests.  He pursues those but I do believe from everything he has said that he is still carving out time to write. It is a creative process.  Some are better at moving in a timely fashion through that process than others.

The show will have to do what it needs to do.  The books will almost certainly continue to diverge.  I still think they will eventually be published, though.

I'm holding on to hope that the reason this one is taking so long is that he's decided to publish the final two books simultaneously.

Otherwise I'm convinced he's going to kick the bucket before we find out what happened...

• Like 1

As for Jon and the dragon. I think the dragon trusts him but I didnt read much more into that scene. While I would like to think he recognizes Jon as a Targ, the dragons have let others, like Tyrion, get close.

Oh, and where is Ghost? Wouldnt he be good to have beyond the wall?

Tyrion could be a Targ too. Ă°Å¸Ëœâ€° The only ones I can remember touching the dragons are Dany, Tyrion, and Jon.

I miss Ghost too. He's still around, I guess. It's kind of annoying that they can't save a little of their CGI budget for him. I'm hoping we'll see him along with Nymeria and her pack next season.

The Hound must survive. He needs to battle the Mountain and win.

I actually really hope they don't do this.  I've had a lot of worries about how they treat his development.

One of the things things that happens in the book is that he has kind of a breakdown when he finds out the Mountain is dead.  And, he gets over it, with the monks - lets it go as a path to healing.

Now - maybe he might still meet him again, and end up killing him in that spirit.  But it seems to me that it would tend to undermine something that Martin seemed to me to be saying about the possibility of getting outside the struggle for power and the damage that does o people and families, right from the highest level of society to the lowest.

Now, perhaps Martin has different plans than I thought, but I don't have enough respect for the executive producers to think they wouldn't stoop to sacrifice his vision so they could have Clegane fighting again or in a sort of celebrity pair-up against his brother.

And the devastation they are going to reek with it. I do want to do where they got the chains though. It's not like a bunch of zombies are usually in need of humongous lengths of chain.

GOT has no place for your logic!!  :tongue_smilie:

I was a little worried, because there was so much talking in the beginning. I remember thinking, "Is this going to be the whole episode?" The additional fifteen minutes were needed to fit everything in.

What are they going to do for the last episode of the season?

I still think the Hound is going to fight the Mountain. He's too ornery to just let his brother go on being a monster.  How can I feel sympathy for a character who's done such awful things?

Edited by ErinE

Ok, who called the dragon?? I'm so sad for Dany.

I felt sad, too. What was up with the Night King having such a weapon? It really showed how powerful he is. But, we also learned that they have a bit of a weakness. Kill him and the whole army falls.

Did anyone else find the whole successor conversstion between Dany and Tyrion somewhat odd? I get that she could die, but that conversation seemed inappropriate for this show. I think it's a hint.

Last week my son and I were talking about how the dragons are like nuclear weapons. And now the really bad guy has them! It makes the war impossible to win without Cersie. We also thought the Night Walkers are a little like the USSR soldiers - they just keep coming and coming!

I felt sad, too. What was up with the Night King having such a weapon? It really showed how powerful he is. But, we also learned that they have a bit of a weakness. Kill him and the whole army falls.

Did anyone else find the whole successor conversstion between Dany and Tyrion somewhat odd? I get that she could die, but that conversation seemed inappropriate for this show. I think it's a hint.

He was a bit fixated on that point. Does he think she needs to have kids with Jon? I think she has been really unfair to him this season. He's done nothing but serve her and she keeps accusing him of siding with his family.

DH's first question was "wth did the chains come from?" Mine was "who swam down there and attached them to that dragon??"

I'm really hoping Arya is playin Sansa to get a clearer shot at Littlefinger.

• Like 1

This had kind of a jump the shark feel for me.

The most bizarre thing was that they could run to the wall (how far - who knows, but a ways), and get a raven all the way to Dragonstone, in time for Dany to get back to save them.

Dragonstone is pretty close to King's Landing, and it's a huge distance from the Wall.  A dragon might be able to fly that quickly but there is no way a raven would be able to do it in one night.  It takes weeks to do it on foot.

It also highlighted the idiocy of the whole idea - less than 15 guys go in to fight an entire army of undead.  They didn't even treat it like a special forces type of thing.  A handful of men on a flat plain with thousands of expendable enemy soldiers.  They really all should have been dead - they had no flanks, the army could have just all covered them at once.  It was very Star Trek-ish - the original series - where the bad guys conveniently all come only a few at a time, and all the red-shirt characters die.

Lots of one-liners from the usual comedic back-up crew that mostly seem to exist for that purpose.

I do think it actually makes sense to talk about succession.  It's exactly the kind of thing that would be important to know - it had a lot more realism for me than much of the rest of the episode.

I will be surprised in Sansa doesn't realize Littlefinger is messing with them.  Arya has always been a little simple and immature, so I guess that is no surprise now, but I wanted to punch her in the eye. 

I'm hoping both Arya and Sansa are playing Littlefinger but that's probably a vain hope.

This entire season is treating the world as if it's much smaller, but generally I prefer to think of it as them just accelerating time and not showing the slow bits. But this episode with them huddled on a rock waiting for Dany to show up... Yeah, that's a bit hard to swallow.

Is anyone else worried about Yara? We haven't seen her, haven't seen Theon. Did he leave with a group of people to try to rescue her? A bunch of scenes at Winterfell and no Bran. I guess we only check in with him when he has something useful to tell us. I'd like to see him weigh in on his sisters' fighting. I'm totally Team Arya, but generally think she needs to cut Sansa a little slack.

I hope losing the dragon is a harsh lesson for Dany. That she'll realize she can't be so reckless and start listening to Tyrion again. She has been hard on him but to be fair, his advice lost her Dorne and Highgarden. Which I kinda feel was sloppy writing. Varys and Tyrion are supposed to be very clever and Dany shows up with her armies and her dragons and her amazingly smart advisors, and then proceeds to lose badly. It feels like that was only done to prolong the war and make Cercei not entirely irrelevant.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't mind if the timelines for different elements are not all lined up - though it's helpful if it can be written/filmed in such a way that it seems to be natural or signals this somehow - you don't feel like you are being jerked back and forth.  It doesn't have to be obvious, especially on tv where you can do it with visual clues.

And I expect they don't show irrelevant stuff!  I mean, that's how fiction works.  But good writing comes into by making it feel like you are following a kind of naturalistic progression while you are in fact seeing all the right things.  THat's the challenge with a story like this, isn't it?  It's made up, obviously it is all contrived.  But it has to seem like it isn't, it has to be believable in terms of the way people behave, the way the environment behaves, turns of events and coincidences.  It's contrived that a guy like Bronn was with Tyrion in the Vale when he needed a champion.  It was contrived when he needed one again and we thought that he might get out of a pickle the same way.  But it appeared as good luck, or the way things would happen in Westeros.

But if you are having to do math to figure out how long those guys would be sitting on that rock, and wondering why the ice didn't freeze by then or they didn't die of exposure (and why no yellow snow on the rock?) it's because the writing is clumsy.

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't mind if the timelines for different elements are not all lined up - though it's helpful if it can be written/filmed in such a way that it seems to be natural or signals this somehow - you don't feel like you are being jerked back and forth. It doesn't have to be obvious, especially on tv where you can do it with visual clues.

And I expect they don't show irrelevant stuff! I mean, that's how fiction works. But good writing comes into by making it feel like you are following a kind of naturalistic progression while you are in fact seeing all the right things. THat's the challenge with a story like this, isn't it? It's made up, obviously it is all contrived. But it has to seem like it isn't, it has to be believable in terms of the way people behave, the way the environment behaves, turns of events and coincidences. It's contrived that a guy like Bronn was with Tyrion in the Vale when he needed a champion. It was contrived when he needed one again and we thought that he might get out of a pickle the same way. But it appeared as good luck, or the way things would happen in Westeros.

But if you are having to do math to figure out how long those guys would be sitting on that rock, and wondering why the ice didn't freeze by then or they didn't die of exposure (and why no yellow snow on the rock?) it's because the writing is clumsy.

I dont know. Obviously, we can tear the show apart for it's lack of realism and the like. But, come on, this is a show about dragons and white walkers. I just want to enjoy it.

• Like 4

I dont know. Obviously, we can tear the show apart for it's lack of realism and the like. But, come on, this is a show about dragons and white walkers. I just want to enjoy it.

Fantasy works by having some level of internal consistency.  We wouldn't like it if the Red Baron suddenly appeared to fight the dragons.  But it isn't more unlikely, and it would make for a cool battle.

Some shows are brain candy obviously, and that's what their viewers like.

GoT made rather a point of not being that kind of show.

• Like 3

DH says he assumed they were on the island for days. I assumed hours. But, yeah, dragons.

Yeah, my son said it had to be at least 5 days. Time for Gendry to run back, time for the raven to get to Dragonstone and time for Dany to fly the dragons over the wall.

It's too bad none of the dragons were shooting fire where the night king was standing. The whole fight would be over in one puff of fire.

It looks like at least a night passes from the way t's filmed.

I guess we don't really know how fast dragons are, but probably it's a day to run to the wall.  And over 1000km for the raven.  So - it would be difficult to imagine it taking less than two days?

It seems like there might have been more plausible ways to have a dragon killed by the Night King.  I'm assuming that was the main point?

I agree that the pacing is really starting to irk me.  I felt the same way when Dany managed to get her entire army of Dothraki off of Dragonstone (on only a few remaining boats!) and all the way to The Reach before Jaime made it back to King's Landing.  This map demonstrates the ridiculousness of the timeline of this week's events.  The red is Jon and crew, the dotted line is the raven,  the blue is Dany, and the purple is everyone together.

erm_zpsxzhc4i7w.jpg

It seems that by only having Martin's ideas without his actual written material to pull from they are having trouble filling in the gaps between main events.  

I did enjoy the conversations on the trek beyond the wall..Gendry confronting the Brotherhood..Tormund and the Hound discussing Brienne..Jon trying to return Longclaw to Jorah.  

I think Tyrion brought up an heir only to make the point that right now if they lose her they lose everything.  I'm still hopeful Dany might be able to have children someday :).  I thought it was funny that she felt Jon is too short for her, lol.

When Sansa found Arya's bag of faces I was like, "Awwwwkkkkkward."

The chains required a big ol' pot of suspension of disbelief.  Like we're supposed to believe that they're just dragging them around in case they need dredge a dragon out of a frozen lake.

Even with it's flaws I can't get enough..next week is going to be good :)!

Edited by JennSnow

Are you really referring to Jon Snow as being in terrible taste?! You know nothing, Bluegoat.

He's better than most that's she's been interested in.  But still essentially a pretty boy.

But Drogo and -ugh- Daario?  She certainly isn't looking for scintillating conversation.  And they were both pretty full of themselves.

• Like 1

I sure wish we could post photos here.

I saw a meme of the two of them and it said "when he keeps telling you winter is coming and all you can think about is 8 inches of snow". I laughed.

• Like 3

He's better than most that's she's been interested in. But still essentially a pretty boy.

But Drogo and -ugh- Daario? She certainly isn't looking for scintillating conversation. And they were both pretty full of themselves.

Girl, you're blind. Drogo was gorgeous. He's on my list of freebies.

• Like 3

Girl, you're blind. Drogo was gorgeous. He's on my list of freebies.

He's pretty much a type though.  Nice to look at, if you like that sort of thing but what do you talk to him about?  

And Daario was a fop who wore nail polish and dyed his hair.

She liked jocks.

And she totally blew off the Dornish prince in the novels because he was quiet and serious and sincere and interested in politics and strategy, instead of being tall and a show-off.

• Like 1

Girl, you're blind. Drogo was gorgeous.

I agree!

He's pretty much a type though.  Nice to look at, if you like that sort of thing but what do you talk to him about?  

"Nice to look at, if you like that sort of thing..."

Hating on Jon Snow and now Khal Drogo, too?! Someone does have terrible taste and it isn't Daenerys. lol Anyways, to answer your question, you learn to speak Dothraki for a start.

I agree!

"Nice to look at, if you like that sort of thing..."

Hating on Jon Snow and now Khal Drogo, too?! Someone does have terrible taste and it isn't Daenerys. lol Anyways, to answer your question, you learn to speak Dothraki for a start.

But what does he talk about, in Dothraki?

Horses, I think, mostly, and pillaging.  He seems to have no other hobbies.

Jon, I think, has a larger area of interest, at least.

Edited by Bluegoat

Silence certainly has some appeal - I can't imagine taking up with Tyrion, for example - he talks far too much.  

I do wonder how it would have worked for Dany in the end.  She didn't like it when Daario tried to assert himself, and Drogo didn't seem like the sort of man who would have let her take the lead in Westeros.  She is rather in the position of wanting to be top dog, but also liking the sort of man who is top dog.  If he's also pretty.

I suppose though that may all get nipped in the bud before it starts though - I don't see Jon as being into the whole relative marriage custom thing.

• Like 1

Perhaps they pick up some willings on the other side.  They didn't seem to have any sleds that I noticed, so I guess they must get supplied from somewhere?

I think the producers are disinclined to kill off popular characters, so I think most will be around for a bit, anyway

Given how Gendry ran back, and how quickly and easily the dragons found them, I don't think they were all that far from the Wall. Only a day's march or two.

Silence certainly has some appeal - I can't imagine taking up with Tyrion, for example - he talks far too much.

I do wonder how it would have worked for Dany in the end. She didn't like it when Daario tried to assert himself, and Drogo didn't seem like the sort of man who would have let her take the lead in Westeros. She is rather in the position of wanting to be top dog, but also liking the sort of man who is top dog. If he's also pretty.

I suppose though that may all get nipped in the bud before it starts though - I don't see Jon as being into the whole relative marriage custom thing.

I think she could have been very happy raising her son to be king of the world.

Given how Gendry ran back, and how quickly and easily the dragons found them, I don't think they were all that far from the Wall. Only a day's march or two.

I agree, not too far.  It's really the distance to Dragonstone that was kind of ??? in terms of timing.  If they'd just had some sort of supplies with them on that rock, it would have seemed more possible.

But I read part of an interview with the director (I think?) of the episode - he pretty much said they fudged it and hoped no one would care or notice.  

I agree, not too far.  It's really the distance to Dragonstone that was kind of ??? in terms of timing.  If they'd just had some sort of supplies with them on that rock, it would have seemed more possible.

But I read part of an interview with the director (I think?) of the episode - he pretty much said they fudged it and hoped no one would care or notice.  

Then he doesn't know his fans very well.  :lol:

• Like 3

Then he doesn't know his fans very well. :lol:

I know! I read the interview and thought, "Have you met many fantasy fans?" I've heard many authors say they just got to the series wiki to review timelines and character histories, because their fans know them better.

On Facebook, Diana Gabaldon just asked her fans to note any errors in one of her books. Within minutes, the post was filled with people commenting (and arguing) over inconsistencies and mistakes.

Edited by ErinE
  • Like 1