Menu

When does Trader Joe's start selling Peppermint JoJos

DawnM

Jo Jo's are simply the best. Don't worry, they will be here before you know it. And while you are there, grab some ginger bread mix when they get that in, too, if you are not gluten free. It's great. I used to put a spoonful of molasses in the batter and it would come out so yummy. For gluten free people, the pumpkin bread mix is great, too!! You can't tell the difference at all.

I will make a confession......don't shoot me......we aren't really pumpkin people.  DH likes pumpkin pie and I gladly buy it for him because I don't like it, so I am not tempted. 

• Like 1

I am there three or four times a week, so I can ask for you on Monday.   

Last December they had these mint chocolate bars with cookie crumbles.   DH had an argument when I had one square of the first one I bought, and he had the rest.   Then another argument when he discovered that I'd started to stash one in my purse.  

• Like 1

In answer to your title:

Not Soon Enough

No kidding!  

You know what I don't get?  WHY are peppermint things related to Christmas.  The cooling mint should be a summer thing shouldn't it?  I must be missing something....why would we want COLD in the winter?

• Like 1

I have a box of the new Mocha ones.  Yum.  (I love all coffee flavored items, except actual coffee. LOL)

I think they start after Halloween.  

The mocha ones are SO GOOD.  

I'm glad the peppermint jojo season is short- I have no self control. 

• Like 1

No kidding!  

You know what I don't get?  WHY are peppermint things related to Christmas.  The cooling mint should be a summer thing shouldn't it?  I must be missing something....why would we want COLD in the winter?

I wonder if it just has to do with the red/white associated with Santa Claus (thanks to Coca-Cola)??

Maybe real mint was easy to store and use during the winter in Germany?

OK...instead of wondering, I googled...

http://www.epicurious.com/expert-advice/why-is-peppermint-the-flavor-of-christmas-holiday-candy-canes-article

"ccording to The Oxford Companion to Sugar and Sweets, a local choirmaster in Cologne, Germany, sometime around 1670, was looking for a way to keep rowdy young people quiet while they were watching the live Nativity, and asked a local confectioner to create a special hard candy for the kids to keep busy on for a while. It was shaped like a cane—or, more to the point, a shepherd's staff."