Menu

What's with the ads?

Mom22ns

I just enrolled in college!

That means we'll have three full time students this fall, because paying for two just wasn't enough for me  :lol:

I've decided to pursue a masters in English Lit. Thanks a lot SWB and TWTM for making me fall in love with literature again as a homeschool mom. 

I'm old. I think I've lost my mind. 

• Like 25

That means we'll have three full time students this fall, because paying for two just wasn't enough for me  :lol:

I've decided to pursue a masters in English Lit. Thanks a lot SWB and TWTM for making me fall in love with literature again as a homeschool mom. 

I'm old. I think I've lost my mind. 

:hurray:  It's always nice when we figure out what we want to do when we grow up, no?  ;)  I hope you have a blast.

• Like 1

:hurray:  It's always nice when we figure out what we want to do when we grow up, no?   ;)  I hope you have a blast.

It sure has taken long enough!

Awesome! And you'll be too busy to spend money anyway  :laugh:

:lol:  :lol:  True!

• Like 1

How cool!

Last year, out of the 9 people in our family, 8 were in school. It was nuts. 

That is total craziness, but it sure puts "3" into perspective.  :lol:

• Like 1

Congratulations. May it be a great experience for you. 

You've been an inspiration Lion. I hope it goes as well for me as your college experience has for you!

• Like 2

That is total craziness, but it sure puts "3" into perspective.  :lol:

Lots of those were grad school. This semester: Navy girl finishes master's, oldest makes a big dent in the dissertation, one sil will be deployed so school on hold, ds is a senior, and the last one will technically be a freshman as we don't know yet what will transfer. she has 65 credits already. I don't know if I'm taking anything. The one class that I actually wanted was last weekend, and it just wasn't happening. Elk Bugling and CO History by Train sound interesting, as does the class on Sandhill Cranes. 

• Like 3

That sounds like so. much. fun.  Keep us posted on how classes go.  

I have to admit I agree! I'm super excited. I'll let you know at the end of the first semester if I still feel that way.  :lol:

• Like 2

I finished my MLS degree in my early 50s.  I enjoyed taking courses so much that I didn't really care to graduate.

Hope you enjoy it as well!

Edited by DebbS
  • Like 1

I finished my MLS degree in my early 50s.  I enjoyed taking courses so much that I didn't really care to graduate.

Hope you enjoy it as well!

I really debated between an MLS and the MA English. It is wonderful to hear of other crazy people who started over a bit later in life and have no regrets. Thanks for the encouragement!

• Like 1