Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

-coffee

-start school with youngest

-read youngest's literature to discuss (Scarlet Pimpernel)

-workout (legs and abs)

-dermatology appointment with youngest

-finish school with youngest

-work on summer work with oldest

-shower

-laundry (whites, 2 loads)

-oldest takes self to baseball at 5

-back to school night for oldest at 6:30 (hopefully DH's flight lands in time to meet me there)

-dinner (no clue, everyone may be on their own)

-continue Whole30, get enough vegetables and water

-start new book

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 4

Good morning!

I started the morning off by discovering that my horses dragged one of their very heavy hay boxes down a hill and upended it, so I had to push and pull it back up the hill. It was quite a workout.  :tongue_smilie:

•school w/dd

•tidy house

•empty garbage cans

•pay bills

•clean hay steamer

•order a new pair of black flats

•work on menu planning

•read

•dinner: tacos w/black beans and avocado cilantro lime dressing

• Like 5

• 1 kid off to science camp.

Other kid home with me, must give her a little work to do or she'll watch TV all day.

Work - many reports to send out.  Deadlines looming again.

Kid 2 to library book club discussion.

If I have time, I need to set up a WT for a foreign charity.  Need to do this in person at the bank.

Mail some papers to psychologist in advance of kid's IQ test next week.

Some other personal paperwork / bills.

Someone will drive kid 1 home from science camp.

If possible we will watch the movie Robinson Crusoe.  (I will probably work through it though.)

Some food in there somewhere.

Prep the house for maids to come tomorrow.

Read-aloud?

Kids to bed.

Work

Edited by SKL
  • Like 6

Good morning! I am back from the meet and road trip with dd2. The meet was mostly fine, so, so hot, but all the planning paid off, so that was good. Dd2 had a solid meet, some best times (including a winter jr cut in the 200 fly!), so that was good. The road trip was so much fun! But now, I am back to regular life, a stack of mail and bills, and house things.

To do:

take ds3 to tennis

bills/mail

laundry (started)

clean out car

receipts/meet report for coaches

house inventory and chore list for next week

school stuff for dd2 (permission slips/fees)

pick up ds3

other random chores

figure out dinner

judo (dh drives?)

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Did a ton of filing and organizing in my emails.  We have a deal closing today and there are a gazillion emails about it.

Went through a science story book with my kid.  Hope to do a couple more over the course of the day - and then hand the books down to the nieces.

Kid decided that being Bug Terminator needed to be high on my priority list today.  Dispatched 6 houseflies, hoping that is all of them!  Gross.

Kid is packing her school bag, and asking 100 questions about it.  High maintenance chick today!

Now really need to get back to serious work.

• Like 5

Dog somehow rolled in something awful while kids were walking him. So now they are washing him, in the backyard. 

So much for a good start to the day! Sigh.

Off to get the rag towels out. 

ETA: Dog is clean. Ds did math, Dd did math and Latin. Time for RA, early lunch and get ready to go. Entirely too much drama here today. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

This morning was pretty uneventful.  My daughters went on an end-of-summer-sister-day-trip today.  :)  Got them all sent off then I took my son bowling. 

Eating lunch now and trying to figure out the rest of my day.  I think ds and I are going to watch a movie then I'll get on with my afternoon.

- Work on a protocol for a client

- Clean the kitchen

- Dinner

- Ds piano lesson

• Like 4

Kid got out of library meeting; I was glad to skip it too.

Kid now hates me for unrelated reasons.  (I think she went too long without proper food again.  My fault I suppose.)

Been buried all day in a difficult project.  Meanwhile a new list of changes has been requested for the other big project I've been working on.  Some of which I don't really understand.  :/

• Like 3

Drama here, all day. Nothing important. Just a 7th grade girl. Exhausting!

I did get lots of work done this afternoon and Ds was well behaved while I worked. 

Being the mean mom tonight and making dd do the work she skipped today and yesterday. Homework!  :svengo:  :svengo:  :svengo: More drama, I'm sure.

• Like 3

Drama here, all day. Nothing important. Just a 7th grade girl. Exhausting!

I did get lots of work done this afternoon and Ds was well behaved while I worked. 

Being the mean mom tonight and making dd do the work she skipped today and yesterday. Homework!  :svengo:  :svengo:  :svengo: More drama, I'm sure.

Similar at my house!  I started posting here a couple times, but then deleted because it felt like "vaguebooking," LOL.

Well I am a terrible mom because I told my kid (who is on summer break) that she could have her computer / watch TV after she did 2 pages of math fact practice and 20 minutes of reading.  (She already did a few very minor chores after sleeping in.)  Here I'm thinking this is pretty light duty, since she didn't have day camp today.  But I know some of it is the blood sugar thing.  We talked about her eating, she says she ate, but I think we both came up short on that today.

And yes, it is exhausting.  It is amazing how fast they can run us down.  I must remember that I wasn't always a little Buddha when I was a tween either.  :)

• Like 2