Menu

Cheer "Spirit Sis" gifts?

Dmmetler

DD12 is doing a travel cheer team this year for the first time after years of rec, and the gym is doing big sis/little sis to pair an older/more experienced teammate with the new girls to encourage and support each other. And, apparently, exchange gifts at reveal, holidays, before competitions etc. For the reveal, there's a $10 limit.

DD picked out emoji ribbon for me to make cheer bows for both her and her sis, and is making her big sis a bracelet and spirit pin for reveal, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas down the road for cute, low cost gifts for what I assume is a teen girl (since DD is 12, I assume her big sis will be older than she is).

A necklace with a cheer charm on it. Then you can add to it each event.  Poms, megaphone, the year, initials of team or girl, etc. 

Personally, I would order the full years worth of charms and then you have them on hand to give at each time you need it.  Just tie it with a ribbon on a cute treat, and let it go.  Super easy, only takes one purchase and is something most girls would like. 

• Like 4

A necklace with a cheer charm on it. Then you can add to it each event. Poms, megaphone, the year, initials of team or girl, etc.

Personally, I would order the full years worth of charms and then you have them on hand to give at each time you need it. Just tie it with a ribbon on a cute treat, and let it go. Super easy, only takes one purchase and is something most girls would like.

:iagree: This is a fantastic idea!

I suck at gifts, I have nothing to add.

Oh please, oh please, no one give DD Bath and Body works! I swear she had a pink cloud following her down the hall after she got a gift set for Christmas...

I like the idea of a necklace and charms for each event, along with something small. DD has been into the retro candy this summer, too. That's easy and quick. She likes buttons, too. I wonder how much a button maker costs? (Thinking Christmas gifts....)

I admit, I like the idea of the big sis/little sis. I'm starting to feel in need of a mommy mentor for cheer, because there is such a big jump from rec to travel. Unfortunately, DD's team seems to all be new girls to the gym-they all have either done school cheer, rec cheer, or gymnastics, and the other team that practices at the same time is the World's team-who are old enough to drive. Whether there's someone in the parent room who knows anything depends on who shows up for tumbling class.

• Like 1