Menu

Water bottles

aggieamy

Back to school time and I need to replace the water bottles my kids had from last year because they've lost them. Again. Anyway, that's a different rant.

What is the best/most loved water bottle out there?

Here's my wish list:

• Dishwasher safe preferred but not necessary
  • 99% of the time will just carry water, DS's might occasionally have milk
  • Study because my kids are hard on things
  • Spill proof lid so if it gets tossed in a bag or on the floorboard we don't have a mess
  • Less than $50 each
  • Doesn't sweat

Back to school time and I need to replace the water bottles my kids had from last year because they've lost them. Again. Anyway, that's a different rant.

What is the best/most loved water bottle out there?

Here's my wish list:

• Dishwasher safe preferred but not necessary
  • 99% of the time will just carry water, DS's might occasionally have milk
  • Study because my kids are hard on things
  • Spill proof lid so if it gets tossed in a bag or on the floorboard we don't have a mess
  • Less than $50 each
  • Doesn't sweat

We have stainless steel ones from Wal-Mart that we have had for 4 years or so.  They were like $8 each and I thought that was outrageous.

• Like 1

I have a zojirushi one- removed link because it included my amazon info.  It's Zojirushi SM-SA48-RW  

I've been using this one for a few months- though I have the 16 ounce version. It's super light, doesn't sweat, no leaking, and it's thin- I have small hands and hate fat water bottles.  I have the red one but it's really hot pink, which I knew before buying it. The top comes apart for cleaning, but it is not dishwasher safe. 

Edited by Annie G

This year I'm sending my kids with the same vintage water bottle I took when I was 10yo.  If ya know what I mean.  :P

Or they are free to scrounge one from what we have around the house.  They seem to favor the free ad ones that my friends pick up at conventions.  :P

We have Camelbaks. We've got single-wall plastic ones, that will sweat; but they also sell insulated ones.

I appreciate Camelbak because they will replace all the parts for free, though it does require that the entire bottle hasn't been lost, so not sure that would be of much benefit.

I have some hydroflask

A couple takeya from costco. They were 2 for $30. (Work fine, like the least)

And a simplemodern I bought off amazon.

I bought straw lids by hydroflask to use on all of them. Very pleased with that purchase.

Eta:hate auto correct sometimes.

Edited by gardenmom5

We have these (originally bought at Costco a couple of years ago), and I've been very happy with them. 

https://www.amazon.com/Contigo-Insulated-Thermal-Dazzling-Watermelon/dp/B00OUJ5O3A/

They keep water cold for a long time, the rubber rings on the bottom were great protection and are removable for washing etc., and they go through the dishwasher very nicely. 

In fact, I might actually buy two more to replace the two we lost, hmm...