Menu

I'm sorry to bring this here -- Webkinz question

Our "Webkinz" (2) have gone on a hunger strike! They have not required feeding for days and days, dd11 says for almost a week. Horrors!! We're pretty perplexed here. The little status bar just sits at 100%. The food is going to rot in virtual storage. Meanwhile, dd11 is eating me out of house and home. What's wrong??? :p

Doran

I think something is up. Ours won't eat, either, and yesterday dd was supposed to meet a friend on the site and it was "down for maintenance" at 5:30 p.m. Other dd went on today, and it kept freezing up for her (we have DSL, so it's not our connection.)

Dds were very excited to get them for Christmas (they have never had "computer time" before, LOL,) but we have been somewhat disappointed with the site.

Mine has 100's across the board too. I just figured it was because we were playing so much on the account. My DH has developed a passion for Quizzy's Word Challenge and has gotten a top score. He said he got a message saying 'you have made our best score ever'.

Webkinz rocks. :p

Mine has 100's across the board too. I just figured it was because we were playing so much on the account. My DH has developed a passion for Quizzy's Word Challenge and has gotten a top score. He said he got a message saying 'you have made our best score ever'.

Webkinz rocks. :p

LOL! My dh is addicted to Bathtub Battles! I am partial to the dice myself...

This is the first time I've ever taken time to look/think/read twice when the word "Webkinz" is mentioned. I haven't had a clue about the meaning. Knowing you as I do, Doran, I was sort of taken by surprised that you were posting about this, so I've perused the thread. Now, help me out here. Am I understanding this correctly? Webkinz are VIRTUAL PETS?!??!! Oh, my. I am all astonishment.:p

My son's is not eating either, everything is staying at 100, and I know because I have completely taken over his account.

Every time I sit at the computer, I simply must play a game of Tile Towers. I confess, I've been doing this since he got his Webkinz at Christmas.

I think I need to buy my own pet!:p

According to my daughter, the resident WEbkinz expert :), her webkinz are hungry and eating so no problem here. She said that you need to put your webkinz on the treadmill for an hour to get them hungry. When I told her that you said your food was going to rot, she said to just put the fresh food in the fridge and you'll be okay (do they really have refrigerators on webkinz? Lol)

Good luck!

Robin

basically just stuffed animals with a twist. When you buy the animal you get a code to plug in online. My kids got one for Christmas. They can earn (by playing games) cash to buy rooms for their houses and food and....I don't know what other stuff. I haven't paid too much attention because it hasn't become a huge deal around here, but my kids have enjoyed playing the games. They have to earn certain intellegence points too (I think) so some of the games require thinking. Most do not.

Like I said, it is a very cute idea (wish I had thought of it!) and as long as my kids don't become obsessed or anything, I'm OK with it. They don't get much screen time and if they choose to use it on that, it is harmless.

This is the first time I've ever taken time to look/think/read twice when the word "Webkinz" is mentioned. I haven't had a clue about the meaning. Knowing you as I do, Doran, I was sort of taken by surprised that you were posting about this, so I've perused the thread. Now, help me out here. Am I understanding this correctly? Webkinz are VIRTUAL PETS?!??!! Oh, my. I am all astonishment.:p

I'm just full of secrets, aren't I?! :rolleyes:

Actually, Colleen, maybe Webkinz are your solution. No heat issues. No allergy problems. No stinky dawg in the house. Just a fuzzy little stuffy capable of sucking the brains right out of your children! Just kidding. Like Mindy, our girls got theirs for Christmas and have not become terribly addicted. I've played a game here and there, at their insistence, but computer games don't do it for me, kwim? I'm probably too old - LOL!

So glad I could bring you up to date with an unexpected post. Feel free to ask more questions. I can feel your temptation from here.

Doran

We've been doing Webkinz since Nov. and every so often there is a glitch that shows up. My older dd has been able to go to the Charm Forest and do jobs as much as she wants but other times she can't spin the Wheel of Wow for days.

This food thing is probably just a glitch right now. Ours haven't been hungry for about 10 days now too and neither has Grandma's little cat (we bought one for Grandma for Christmas so that she and the girls could play together).

The food won't spoil--it will bo ok sitting in the dock. Just don't buy any more.

We're partial to Goober's Lab and Cash Cow here. My girls take their Webkinz with them everywhere because they are soooo cute.:)