Menu

Anyone's kid learn to read with My Father's World?

meganrussell

Just curious. My just turned 7 year old did. We are starting week 16 in MFW Learning God's Story. He is reading really well (I think). He was a little late in learning, has had some speech problems that hindered him quite a bit. His speech is much better and now his reading is taking off! He has almost no trouble with his daily lessons and often wants more (I don't do more than a lesson a day - I just have him read library books to me for extra practice). I don't hear of people using MFW LGS much so I'm just curious of anyone here is using it or has used it, and did it teach your child to read? I have another son just turned five using MFW Kindergarten, and he is also learning to blend CVC words and is doing well.

• Like 1

Yes, dd12 and dd9 learned to read with MFW K.  They really liked MFW and then we used other things for a few years, because we couldn't afford it anymore.  They are back to using MFW this year (Exploring Countries and Cultures) and really enjoy it.  My dh is sold on that curriculum after seeing them play the geography game.  

• Like 1