Menu

CAP Writing and Rhetoric Questions...

Rosie

How difficult would it be to do this without a TM? Money is pretty tight right now, but I really think this would work well for my upcoming 6th grader. I was planning on jumping in at levels 5 and 6. Is there anything essential in the TM in those levels that I'd miss? (I've used PLL and ILL in the past, so I'm used to not having a TM.)

Also, is there anything similar out there? I was originally planning on using Writing in English since we used School Composition last year and I thought it helped her a lot, but she hated the vintage style (the typewriter font, the victorian writing, and some uninteresting reading selections). Then I was looking at Lingua Mater 7 or 8 since we've used PLL/ILL, but I feel like we might end up skipping half of it. So far W&R seems to be closest to what I want.

I really like using the TM with CAP W & R— if nothing else, it steps "in the gap" on those days I am feeling "less than motivated" so to speak.

Have you tried finding TMs used on homeschoolclassifieds.com, Ebay, Amazon, these forums and bookfinder.com?

I'm not familiar enough with the other programs you have mentioned to comment on them.

I really like using the TM with CAP W & R— if nothing else, it steps "in the gap" on those days I am feeling "less than motivated" so to speak.

Have you tried finding TMs used on homeschoolclassifieds.com, Ebay, Amazon, these forums and bookfinder.com?

I'm not familiar enough with the other programs you have mentioned to comment on them.

I did try finding it used, but right now now one is selling it for a lower price.

We are not up to Level 4 yet. I have not ended up using the teacher's manual and bet you could teach without it just fine. The student book is written directly to the student. The teacher's guide contains the full text of the student book + sample answers, but I don't really find them necessary. I hope others who have used those particular levels can respond more adequately. (Since the program is so new, I think it's going to be hard to find it used, for cheap.)

• Like 1