Menu

Moving Beyond the Page 5-7

LauraBeth475

I have done it twice now and we absolutely love it. Their book choices are fantastic and their activities are interesting and dynamic. We skipped a few activities here and there and I added a few things when we wanted to go deeper. I added math and handwriting but that was it. I don't agree with the authors that a standalone math program isn't needed.

Edited by shell0830
  • Like 1

I've used that age level twice. I agree I think you do need a math curriculum that is separate at that age. Maybe not if you are doing it with a 5yo but definitely if you are doing it with a 6-7 yo. 

Honestly I wanted to love MBTP but my kids just hated it. We have used it for a couple years now and I just gave it up because my kids just would not get on board. 

I think its a great program...if you can get your kids to like it. Otherwise its too hard of a slog with kids who would rather do anything else because it is so writing intense and my kids are just not good writers.

Still keeping it in mind to use in high school maybe.

• Like 1