Menu

Tell me about J U I C E Plus

Moxie

Trying to disguise the name of the mlm so we don't attract trolls.

This is why I hate mlm!! A woman that I genuinely like has invited me to a JP dinner/talk. I like this woman so I'm struggling. Normally, I just flat out say "sorry, I'm not interested" but this woman is so nice and passionate, i don't want to offend her. My friends that own actual business don't invite me to dinner/realtor talk or dinner/floral shop talk!! So annoying.

Anyway, I'll probably go. What should I know about JP besides overpriced vitamins with exaggerated health claims?

Edited by Moxie

I think the reason mlms continue to function is because of (female mostly) guilt.  Everyone just goes to the parties because it's actually easier mentally than the "confrontation" of saying, "I'm sorry, I don't do parties."  These companies literally prey on, twist, and then destroy interpersonal relationships in the name of making a buck.  

If you don't support this sort of thing, don't go to the party just to avoid offending her.  Just make a blanket statement, "I have a policy not to attend product parties."  

If she is a friend worth bothering with, it'll be the last time she bothers you about her mlm and she and you can get a coffee on another occasion.  If not attending her party miffs her to the point where she can't be cordial and friendly to you anymore... well... how friendly was she really to begin with?  

• Like 4

The product is crap. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juice_Plus

The wiki has a nice overview. It sounds like the small number of studies not paid for by the company itself show that the vitamin and nutrient levels in the product are pretty low, and what is there isn't very bioavailable. And they expect you to pay over $70 a month for low quality powdered fruit and veg capsules. You'd be better off using that money to buy actual fruit and vegetables each month.

• Like 4

No advice, but good for her for giving you a heads up what the dinner would be about. That's kind of uncommon in some of the mlm world, unfortunately. I've never heard of that mlm, btw.

Oh, she didn't really tell me. I just know how passionate she is about JP.

It's funny--I know people who are passionate about all sorts of things, but of all things to be passionate about--vitamins? The only people I know who are passionate about vitamins are the people who sell juiceplus. In a similar vein, the only people I know who are passionate about smelly candles sell scentsy. The only people I know who are passionate about leggings sell lularoe. I wonder what came first, the passion, or the promise of making money?

• Like 1

It's funny--I know people who are passionate about all sorts of things, but of all things to be passionate about--vitamins? The only people I know who are passionate about vitamins are the people who sell juiceplus. In a similar vein, the only people I know who are passionate about smelly candles sell scentsy. The only people I know who are passionate about leggings sell lularoe. I wonder what came first, the passion, or the promise of making money?

I'm passionate about organization. I'd love to sell Thirty One but I have too much...integrity?...that sounds offensive..idk what to call it but I could never sell for an mlm. I can see being passionate and deciding mlm would be a good fit.

Edited by Moxie

I'm confused. Was she clear that the dinner/meeting was about JP, or are you just assuming or think it's actually about that? Is it a bait and switch (I've had that done to me, but how would you know?) Or was she upfront about "I'm.having a JP meeting...would you like to come?"

I'm confused. Was she clear that the dinner/meeting was about JP, or are you just assuming or think it's actually about that? Is it a bait and switch (I've had that done to me, but how would you know?) Or was she upfront about "I'm.having a JP meeting...would you like to come?"

Sorry, I wasn't clear. It is a dinner and nutrition talk. She is very passionate about JP so I know what is what.

I wouldn't go. I have, not a normal immune system, and these type of people see me coming.  :huh:

I wonder if MLM are around because the product is inferior and they want to peer pressure people into purchasing it? I have seen videos about the lack of quality for LuLu... stuff and I have also heard that the 2 major essential oil places are no better then a EO that doesn't use MLM. 

There is also a part of me that wonders how MLM can exist since the 1920's and the Ponzi scheme. I mean at the end of the day, isn't that all it is?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. It is a dinner and nutrition talk. She is very passionate about JP so I know what is what.

Okay, so she's having a nutrition talk and JP will come up...hopefully as one solution among several. ??? In any case, I wouldn't call that a bait and switch.

My situation was "Jane (neighbor's friend) and grandson are here, bring your little over and have some tea." I truly thought I was just going for a visit but was immediately sat down for a spiel about start-up MLM. I would have gladly come over to listen had she told me what it was for (I really like this neighbor), and might even have been interested, but the methodology was such a turn off. Maybe this feels the same way to you. Idk.

Edited by momacacia

I wonder if MLM are around because the product is inferior and they want to peer pressure people into purchasing it? I have seen videos about the lack of quality for LuLu... stuff and I have also heard that the 2 major essential oil places are no better then a EO that doesn't use MLM.

I actually think MLM often make a superior product to be honest. I'm in neither Amway nor Pampered Chef, but I love amways scrub buds and there is a good good chopper thaPampered Chef makes that is far more durable than the same Oxo brand product.

I'm sure there's a lot of junk out there, too, but I've had some really good MLM product experiences.

Ok So I am in the minority here but we do actually take Juice Plus. We had lived in Alaska and were experiencing some issues from the lack of sun as well as having two that had just gone off to college. I knew they would not be sleeping or eating well. I decided to give JP a try as my sister had been taking them for a couple years and another friend I knew on Fb had recently turned 40. She posted in response to friends asking what she did to keep her skin looking so healthy that all she could say was she took JP and her skin looked glowing.  I thought well lets try them. The kids JP was free with our purchase of them so I figured we got 4 for the cost of 2. We have been taking them for over a year and I had a lag recently in our shipments due to having a CC replaced that was stolen. My husband was not happy to be without his fruits....he came in one day and said I am not fruity....how could you let me run out of fruit? He was skeptical at first and not happy that I had signed us up.....a year later he does not want to go without them.

I do not sell JP so this is not a pitch....just to tell you what we have experienced. We have noticed an increase in energy. Our skin is nice and youthful and we have not had any illnesses this year....like not even a sore throat. I was recently given a gift of a facial and the girl asked what I do for my skin...I told her I honestly wash with water and take JP.

It is ok to let her know you are aware of how passionate she is about JP but you are not really in the market for any products so you would love to come enjoy time with her but your not interested in hearing about any products.

I recently had to have that conversation with a friend that sells RF.....I have freckles and it seems everyone I know that decides to sell RF automatically thinks about me and wants to help me with my skin concerns. I have to tell them " Why would I want to get rid of the things that make me unique? Also my husband likes my freckles...he celebrates each summer when they seem to come out a little darker. He smiles and tells me how pretty I am....I would be crazy to get rid of them...so no thank you."

I think in a lot of cases when it comes to women selling MLM stuff, what seems like passion is actually thinly-disguised desperation. :( Which is one of the reasons I can't stand most MLM companies.

• Like 1