Menu

make ahead sandwich/salad wraps question?

Ann.without.an.e

I wonder if they will get soggy?  I need to make them and then refrigerate them for a few hours before serving.  

I was thinking...

1) Greek chicken (grilled chicken, feta cheese, lettuce, onion, tdziki sauce) I would love to add tomato but am afraid of it getting soggy?

2) Vegetarian (Hummus, Roasted red peppers, lettuce, and maybe some more veggies yet to be determined?)

3) Bacon and pimento cheese (with lettuce and I would love to add tomato to this one but again...will it get soggy?)

What do y'all think? Will tomato make them soggy if I wrap it in the very center?  

When I make sandwiches ahead I slice the tomato and let it drain well on a paper towel or kitchen towel before I put it in the sandwich.  As long as it's not touching the bread it's worked out fine.  

Your sandwich combos sound delicious! I might have to try all three!

• Like 2

When I make wraps that will sit for a few hours, usually I line the tortilla/flat bread with lettuce, and then add the stuff on top.  It helps keep the bread from getting soggy.

I think you can do tomato.  It might be less soggy if you use grape tomatoes cut in half (or even left whole) rather than a Beefsteak tomato (just as they tend to have less juice).

• Like 2