Menu

Lingering nausea after stomach bug- anyone else?

Soror

Everyone else in my house had this bug but not nausea afterward like me. I got sick last Thurs, fever 102, chills and such, worst of it was 24 hrs. Digestion back to normal 4 days or so, now I'm on day 7 with still no sign of nausea letting up. I just figured out today that it is worse when I'm hungry. Anyone else have this? Please tell me I should not keep worried that it is actually morning sickness because really my period is happening right now and that is not in my life plan. (but it feels just like it did when I had my first and I gained 55 lbs b/c I kept eating to keep the nausea at bay)

I've had GI bugs where intermittent nausea/lack of appetite lasted for weeks afterward. Totally within the realm of normal, even though it's awful.

On the other hand, when I was pregnant with my youngest I had major implantation bleeding that I was certain was my period. 

Most likely the GI bug, but take a test so you'll know for sure!

Amy

• Like 1

I took a test yesterday but at that point, I wasn't even late and I took it in the evening, so the negative result wasn't that reassuring. I think I'm going to wait and see if it persists. If it is still going this weekend I should show positive if I test in the am. We were a bit careless this month, although the odds were still low, it only takes one guy making it. I've had implantation bleeding too and I know you can get full on periods too.

3 wks of nausea, oh vey, I really, really hope I don't have it that long (although that is better than 3 months plus w/ pregnancy!). I am going to do a pregnancy test maybe tomorrow, just to rule that out.

Probiotics are a good idea. I'm brewing kombucha now but it takes awhile. There is no way I want dairy, on a good day it doesn't really agree with me. I need to add back in my probiotic pills and l glutamine for my gut.

Yesterday was a bit better, thank goodness. I think it was a combo of hormones from my period and getting over the illness that really made me feel so horrible. 

As I have backed off the Immodium I've realized that my digestion is not back to normal. I cannot seem to digest fats at all right now. I think I'm going to make a new post about that......