Menu

White Lined Writing Paper 4-6th grade reams

RosieCotton

For the past 2 years I have coil bound lined writing paper from Zaner Bloser so we could have a resource to go to just for Rod and Staff English assignments, and a second book made for just writing assignments so they'd all be in one place.

I color code the covers and backs with a design to match the colors of their books each year to make it easier.

The last 2 years the paper we've bound is newsprint because ZB didn't sell white, or maybe I ordered from RR I can't recall.

Newsprint tears and its harder to write on than the white paper I used for K and 1 which was white. middle child always complains about writing on the newsprint.

Where do you all buy your reams of white???

Have you checked Amazon? I've been buying direct from HWT because the paper is lined differently, so I don't know what Zaner-Bloser uses. I assume it's standard elementary paper. I purchased a ream of each from HWT (three different line widths) and when we ran out we moved to the next size. We use it for everything too, not just handwriting. After those are gone it's single-subject notebooks, which I stocked up on a few years back when they were on sale for 10 cents each.

I think I've also seen standard lined paper at Staples, but I couldn't verify that it's white instead of newsprint.

• Like 1

I usually print my own.  Here's one source (you have to click through to the "free version" at the bottom of that page), but there are lots of other places that give you handwriting paper.

You might check millerpadsandpaper.com ....  Here's a possibility.  This one is already bound for you.

Hey this might be the solution. Every source so far has been newsprint thanks so much!

I really like binding our own writing books, and I don't feel we got enough writing done last year so I know if we at least have these easy to grab ones we don't have to search for the paper, do the revision, find the revision, write the final all on separate pages. I just lose stuff and with so many papers it gets crazy over here.

I will give this a try, as the ones on Amazon are for K or 1 or all newsprint.

• Like 1

I really like binding our own writing books, and I don't feel we got enough writing done last year so I know if we at least have these easy to grab ones we don't have to search for the paper, do the revision, find the revision, write the final all on separate pages. I just lose stuff and with so many papers it gets crazy over here.

When I said print my own, I should have elaborated on what was in my mind for you .... :D

Print my own, and then take it somewhere to get coil bound. I guess it may be more expensive this way, but you could have the option of binding it on top or wherever.

I, uh ,completely understand the benefits of bound books rather than loose pages.

As they get older and need the handwriting lines less and less you could consider making your own booklets with the staples in the center crease.

When I said print my own, I should have elaborated on what was in my mind for you .... :D

Print my own, and then take it somewhere to get coil bound. I guess it may be more expensive this way, but you could have the option of binding it on top or wherever.

I, uh ,completely understand the benefits of bound books rather than loose pages.

As they get older and need the handwriting lines less and less you could consider making your own booklets with the staples in the center crease.

Agreed!

And yes I take them to be bound at a print shop not far from me, I bought a binding machine from a city office and they gave me boxes and boxes of coils and cover sheets. But I have yet to use it and haven't even opened the directions. !!! On my list.