Menu

Missoula, Montana anyone???

StaceyinLA

Going to be there for a late afternoon, evening then the next morning for a quick bite or yummy coffee before getting on the road.

Thinking of doing something late afternoon into the evening then maybe having dinner somewhere (nowhere super pricey this trip, although I've seen places that look amazing).

Recommendations?

Greenough Park is an amazing walk - very green with wandering paths a long a beautiful creek.  Montana Club or Jakers are both good restaurants without being extreme in price.  Lots of ethnic restaurants.  Florence Coffee or Liquid Planet are usually considered the best local coffee places.Depending what days you are here there are a number of farmer's markets with really amazing variety.

don't know much -  been there once when 2dd was presenting a college research paper.  pretty town.  pretty between missoula and coeur -d'alene. but also not much there in the way of services.  wallace,  ID would have restaruants.

silver mining in the idaho panhandle area.  I think there are some mining museums. (gives appreciation for "how the states got their shapes" and that no one wanted the mining region because the miners were . . . had their own way of doing things .  . . .

remember there is a time zone change through there.

Oh yeah!! I forgot about that time zone change. Where does it go from Central to Mountain then from Mountain to Pacific? That might help me out getting places a little earlier than I was thinking I would. ;-p

Nevermind - I'm already gonna be on Mountain time that day then I won't go to Pacific until I leave Missoula to head to WA. At least we will wind up getting to Bremerton a little "earlier" since I'll gain that hour.

Edited by StaceyinLA

Oh yeah!! I forgot about that time zone change. Where does it go from Central to Mountain then from Mountain to Pacific? That might help me out getting places a little earlier than I was thinking I would. ;-p

Nevermind - I'm already gonna be on Mountain time that day then I won't go to Pacific until I leave Missoula to head to WA. At least we will wind up getting to Bremerton a little "earlier" since I'll gain that hour.

are you including a ferry from seattle to bremerton? or traffic on I90- to I5- to hwy 16 that goes across puget sound and then you can head back north to bremerton?

depending upon time of day . . . the traffic can slow things considerably.  and navigators tend to be . . . optimistic for how long it can take to get through seattle traffic.

are you including a ferry from seattle to bremerton? or traffic on I90- to I5- to hwy 16 that goes across puget sound and then you can head back north to bremerton?

depending upon time of day . . . the traffic can slow things considerably. and navigators tend to be . . . optimistic for how long it can take to get through seattle traffic.

We haven't decided at this point, but are planning to take the ferry. I know the traffic can be terrible (a friend and dd's boyfriend live in the areas we are going). Either way, I'll technically gain an hour so it'll put me there an hour earlier, whatever actual time that is. Our drive is relatively short that day, and I like to get on the road early when I'm traveling. We are planning to meet my friend at Snoqualmie Falls and I hope to be there around 2 in the afternoon, which we should easily be able to do leaving Missoula around 6 and gaining an hour. After a short visit there, we will have a couple hours to Bremerton at the most hellish time of day I'm sure.

The Snoqualmie Falls isn't a definite or a must, so it may get thrown out the window depending on the time we're making.

There is a coffee place in Missoula that we stop at every time we pass through called Black Coffee Roasting Company. Its in like an old car repair shop building and super cool. We also had breakfast at a cool eclectic cafe there a few years back but don't remember what it was called. Have fun, Missoula is one of our favorite places!