Menu

Can't sleep... worried about my dh's surgery Monday! (UPDATE in #96)

J-rap

how is your day today and your dh's day?  praying!

It is going pretty well.  He is mostly exhausted and feeling "out of it," I assume due to the anesthesia and the stress on his body and brain.  But we are so very grateful that the surgery is behind us, and now it is more a matter of moving forward, so that is very good!  He still has a long road ahead of him, but we are so grateful to God for each step on this unexpected journey that we are on.  He is such a good man.  And I mean a really, really good man.  One in a million!  We've met a lot of great people along the way too, including many doctors and surgeons!  We've been very fortunate.  

• Like 8

Yesterday was a busy day trying to manage pain and weird, unending hiccups on top of everything else!  

J-rap, I'm so glad he is making good progress and came through the surgery well.  Congrats are in order!

My hubby got these hiccups after his open heart surgery, had them for about three days.  What a misery to have them when your chest has been cracked open.   Apparently they are a fairly common side effect of anesthesia, due to irritation of nerves that control the diaphragm.  I'm sure you can google it for a better explanation.  I hope they are gone for your hubby...mine is always an outlier on physical maladies...sigh!

Continued best wishes!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...