Menu

What's with the ads?

Monica_in_Switzerland

4 Level Sentence Analysis in French... following up

Hi all,

I posted quite a while ago that I wanted to try to create a sentence analysis method similar to the Michael Clay Thompson materials for English.  I'm getting closer, which is to say I have a worksheet template and a key.  I'm going to start using it with my kids in 2 weeks and hope to iron out details as I go along.  

If anyone is interested in copies, just send me a PM.  Basically, the levels of analysis I chose were:

Analyse des mots: Classe Grammaticale (identifying parts of speech) with a second line for characterisqitues (genre, nombre, etc, etc.)

Analyse de phrase: Construction de la phrase (phrase simple, phrase complexe (w/suboordinate clauses), enchainée (compound verb or coordinating conjunction) 

Analyse par groupes : groupe nominale, groupe verbale, Groupe adjectival... etc.  

Fonction des groupes dans la phrase: sujet, prédicat, complement de phrase, complement de verbe (direct, indirect), attribut du sujet, etc.   

All of this is based off the Swiss French grammar system, which, annoyingly, uses slightly different terminology for some things compared to the French, but which ultimately is probably not a huge deal.    

Hi all,

I posted quite a while ago that I wanted to try to create a sentence analysis method similar to the Michael Clay Thompson materials for English. I'm getting closer, which is to say I have a worksheet template and a key. I'm going to start using it with my kids in 2 weeks and hope to iron out details as I go along.

If anyone is interested in copies, just send me a PM. Basically, the levels of analysis I chose were:

Analyse des mots: Classe Grammaticale (identifying parts of speech) with a second line for characterisqitues (genre, nombre, etc, etc.)

Analyse de phrase: Construction de la phrase (phrase simple, phrase complexe (w/suboordinate clauses), enchainée (compound verb or coordinating conjunction)

Analyse par groupes : groupe nominale, groupe verbale, Groupe adjectival... etc.

Fonction des groupes dans la phrase: sujet, prédicat, complement de phrase, complement de verbe (direct, indirect), attribut du sujet, etc.

All of this is based off the Swiss French grammar system, which, annoyingly, uses slightly different terminology for some things compared to the French, but which ultimately is probably not a huge deal.

I am interested, but my board PM is still dysfunctional :(

Do you already have my private mail?

Otherwhise you can contact me through the PM function of Goodreads.

I am interested, but my board PM is still dysfunctional :(

Do you already have my private mail?

Otherwhise you can contact me through the PM function of Goodreads.

Ack!   I'm not on goodreads, can't find any old messages from you with your email.  Just go ahead and email me at...  and after I get an email form you, I'll edit my email out of this message.  :-)

Edited by Monica_in_Switzerland
  • Like 1