Menu

S/o Teachers Pay Teachers: Best Resources

The sale thread and mention of a good source made me want to ask about any TPT resources you like. I'm pretty sporadic on there, sometimes using things to boost an idea or topic. But I've also not spent a lot of time researching because it's so vast.

Any leads on great resources? (I have a rising K and 4th btw).

I find it's similar to Pinterest. You can get sucked in to a black hole if you aren't careful. LOL I have about 20 items in my cart I am considering right now. Mainly science INB pages. I love everything from Lovin Lit.  Her INB's are amazing!!  :)

• Like 3

Well, I had mentioned, you have to be a bit careful.  Some things are heavy on classroom activities. Some are jut graphic organizers.  I have great luck with science stuff like notebook printables.  I have gotten some good book guides.  I have found a couple great sources for high school LA.

I have also started to do a daily binder for the kids.  They love it.  They record the temperature/weather conditions, fill in a calendar. This year I have gotten some moon phase recording pages for their books.  I have found some copywork pages and cursive writing pages, too.

We have full programs we follow so I just use projects and stuff to fill in.  My dd15 did biology last year.  She wanted to dive in a little more with genetics and evolution, so i found a couple small units that fit in .

This year my dd12 is doing poetry. I found some great poems to analyze for her there.

Most sellers have a nice preview page.  If they don't, I don't buy.

I don't have any favorites for the younger kiddos. I just look around and see what looks fun. :)

Edited by rjand6more
  • Like 1

I find it's similar to Pinterest. You can get sucked in to a black hole if you aren't careful. LOL I have about 20 items in my cart I am considering right now. Mainly science INB pages. I love everything from Lovin Lit. Her INB's are amazing!! :)

INB ?

I need fun spelling things I think. Or maybe LA guides would be cool. I tend to just listen to audiobooks for literature from the Mensa list and discuss whatever I feel like. Or, if I'm really organized, I'll ask questions from what if the wolf were an octopus.

I actually use TpT a lot. I'm not a huge curriculum person, I don't really like to be locked down. We prefer to play around and explore with what we are learning but TpT brings in some structure for us with flexibility. Here's my list of favs:

The Moffat Girls

Nothing but Class

Create Teach Share

Deep Space Sparkle

Getting Needy with Mel and Gerdy

Nitty Gritty Science

Runde's Room

Michael Friermood

Steve Reifman

Lovin Lit

History with Mr. E

Math Coach's Corner

21st Century Math Projects

Rachel Lynette

The Homeschool Belle

Miss E's Explorations

• Like 4

INB ?

I need fun spelling things I think. Or maybe LA guides would be cool. I tend to just listen to audiobooks for literature from the Mensa list and discuss whatever I feel like. Or, if I'm really organized, I'll ask questions from what if the wolf were an octopus.

INB = Interactive Notebooks.  Sorry :)

• Like 1

I actually use TpT a lot. I'm not a huge curriculum person, I don't really like to be locked down. We prefer to play around and explore with what we are learning but TpT brings in some structure for us with flexibility. Here's my list of favs:

The Moffat Girls

Nothing but Class

Create Teach Share

Deep Space Sparkle

Getting Needy with Mel and Gerdy

Nitty Gritty Science

Runde's Room

Michael Friermood

Steve Reifman

Lovin Lit

History with Mr. E

Math Coach's Corner

21st Century Math Projects

Rachel Lynette

The Homeschool Belle

Miss E's Explorations

Wow! That seems so comprehensive, thanks!

• Like 1

Here's some resources I love:

Print Path (pretty much the whole shop)

If you use HWT and are looking for compatible printables (except with more traditional tripple dotted lines), this is the best place I've found for that.  But what I really like them for is supplemental tracing resources in things like grammar, phonics, a calendar, etc., because it's so hard to find things with a similar font to HWT that doesn't do ball and stick a,b,d,p,and q.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Print-Path

The Science of Egypt Units at Dr. Dave's Science (you can buy them as individual units by sub-topic or buy them all as a bundle):

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Dr-Daves-Science/Category/Science-of-Ancient-Egypt-188989

Greek Latin Roots Notebooking Pages (either of these is good...I bought the first but the other would have worked too, only doesn't have quite as many):

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Greek-and-Latin-Roots-Interactive-Notebook-1521669

• Like 2

I bought many lessons from Mr. Raymond's civics academy. He has a YouTube channel with civics and social studies lessons which have corresponding materials for sale on TPT. I was able to put a good 8th grade civics semester course together using these materials.

• Like 1

Shameless plug...if you are looking for young resources, or resources for children with special needs, I have a relatively new store.  

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teach-Speech-Coffee-With-The-Therapy-Mama

Thanks! Jenn

How cool you have your own store!

(small recommendation - some of the pictures look dark.  Maybe redo some to be brighter?)

:)