Menu

why do companies/organizations do this?

SparklyUnicorn

You see something that might be of interest on a website so you sign up.  You really do want the information or to read the information provided by the organization.  But then they e-mail you 20 times a day.  Why?!  Why do they think I've got nothing better to do than read that many e-mails?  Who out there thinks this is a way to turn people on to the information they have?

• Like 5

I agree it's stupid.  I've gotten in the habit of unsubscribing with the very first ad email I receive, rather than just deleting every day for three months...

For some dumb reason I forget this sometimes.  And I'll go months getting these e-mails and remember..duh I can just unsubscribe!

I agree it's really stupid.  I like Groupon.  I actually would like to get notifications from them, maybe once a week or something?  They have NO option to decrease your notifications, only unsubscribe.  Stupid.  I unsubscribed, and when searching about it online found many others doing the same.  Very poor marketing.

• Like 1

I just love all the emails I get saying "We've tried to call you..." As though they expected me to give my real number. Like I need 80 people calling me about my interest in playing with life insurance numbers...

...or vontinence products after I bought a port a potty for a temporarily disabled family member.