Menu

Inspirational homeschool book

Karen Andreola's book was so inspiring to me before I started schooling. From there, I read the Charlotte Mason series and I was thinking it was all going to be ohmygoshamazing! ... and it mostly has been :)

I planned on Climbing Parnassus for this summer. I started, but keep putting it up for more fluff reading. :) I always go back to WTM or parts of it for summer encouragement.  It always reminds me that it's not that hard. If I just follow the plans laid out, it always goes smoothly!   So I have been revisiting parts, getting ready for the new year. 

• Like 1

I planned on Climbing Parnassus for this summer. I started, but keep putting it up for more fluff reading. :) 

Yeah it's dense. He used a bunch of excellent quotes!! I took a highlighter to it, to copy those passages into my commonplace and like 7/8 of the book is highlighted and sitting down to copy what I want to copy hasn't happened yet. Maybe today is that day :laugh:

Not a book, but I went searching for an old site I used to visit years ago.  I *think* I found it, but it looks radically different.  The one I was remembering had a yellow page with a cup of tea at the top.  Anyway, it's a collection of stories, links, and just general tidbits about homeschooling that was always nice to go back to and read a bit here and there. http://simplehomeschool.net/